Self publishing books

bits
Herd Member

Self publishing books

Postby bits » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:54 pm

Has anyone self published a book before?

I'm looking for basic info such as margin info, best font, best font size, etc..

What about companies? Which company is the best?

Racetrackreject
500 post plus club

Re: Self publishing books

Postby Racetrackreject » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:03 pm

My cousin is an author who has done a little bit of self-publishing for some of his newer work, and I believe he wrote a blog or article about the ins and outs of self-publishing. I'll see if I can find it or have him to send it to me, for you.

He uses Amazon I believe.

fergusnc
500 post plus club

Postby fergusnc » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:33 pm

I self-published Gunny's book (a children's book) using CreateSpace. But I also hired people who did the lay out and design for me. They were very familiar with CreateSpace and they did parts of the process on there in the book's account. I didn't hire an Editor. I think CreateSpace had a bunch of info about lay out and such, but even with pros, it was A LOT of time and work and changes and catches and choices. And I had photos at the end too, so that added to the needs/process. This is the link to his book in case you want to see how they did his cover, etc.
https://www.createspace.com/4180486

Racetrackreject
500 post plus club

Postby Racetrackreject » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:39 pm

Do you Facebook? My cousin said that he often writes stuff about self-publishing on his Facebook page, and he just did a talk for Barnes & Noble about self- publishing. He said to give you the link to his Facebook page and to let you know that you are more than welcome to message him via that media with any questions that you might have. Just tell him that your Johnnie's friend. His name is Louis Shosty and he's been writing published pieces in the Sci-fi and Horror genres for over 20 years.

https://www.facebook.com/shostyis1337?_ ... age_bubble

bits
Herd Member

Postby bits » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:43 am

Thanks. I'll take a look.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”