Adelinde is angelic.

Chisamba
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Adelinde is angelic.

Postby Chisamba » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:31 pm

Have you been flooded with all the articles about what a saint she was to pull out because her horse was ill?

His tongue was overbthe bit. She pulled up because she could nitbride him. Thevrest was opportunistic spin.

Anyone who cannot tell in warm up that her horse was not ready to go is not that concerned fir her horses health.
Last edited by Chisamba on Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ryeissa

Re: Adelinde is such a bull shit artist.

Postby Ryeissa » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:46 pm

Last edited by Ryeissa on Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:51 pm

Yes a saw the picture and read the story. Fifteen hours of fluids and stayed up with him all night.
And still warmed up
And still went in the ring.
And only then, with the mouth wide open and the tongue over the bit
Did she suddenly decide he was unwell. Shes a saint.

Yes i read it all.

galopp
Herd Member

Postby galopp » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:11 pm

(yet his tongue was out even in the trot ups in a halter....hmmm) The worst part: she was getting a 75% average for the entire test before she retired....WITH the tongue out (which IS considered a major resistance and should take off at least 2-3 points per movement). And we wonder why riders continue to have short reins and compressed outlines? How many horses routinely had opened mouths throughout the test? Almost all.

Doryanna
Greenie

Postby Doryanna » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:48 am

Yep, and pretty much blue, too!

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:05 pm

I read that story on Facebook too. I AM glad she opted to retire him during the ride. It's better than nothing. But, honestly, I'd have thought more of her if she decided NOT to ride him at all. If my horse was so sick as to require 15 hours of fluids, I certainly wouldn't have chosen to ride him the next day. No Olympic medal is worth that.

Now, if she chose NOT to train with Rollkur (or whatever they are calling it these days), now THAT would require some press!

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:41 pm

Last edited by Ryeissa on Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:32 pm

I find it particularly interesting that they did not get theirbstorirs straight before they lied to the press. Thenoriginal stayement released for reason to withdraw was this.

The Dutch’s Edward Gal holds the No.4 after Adeline Cornelissen and horse Parzival retire due to the horses hairline fracture.”

The spur marks in his sides preclude thebudea that " she took it easy in warm up"

The excessive salivation and open hanging lips are both symptomatic of jaw fracture.

I think my assessment is more likely than her self sanctification. Frankly i dont care what you think. Poor Parzi.

Dresseur
500 post plus club

Postby Dresseur » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:59 pm

I have to agree. If the horse required 15 hours of fluids, no way I would have warmed up. And, if the swelling was bad enough to interfere with the ride, you would see that before getting on the horse to warm up. I'm glad that she retired, I'm shocked at the judging up until she retired him. But I question the decision to even warm up and ride. And, I feel like had he not gotten his tongue over the bits, she would have finished the test.

The hairline fracture is actually a jumper, the media appears to have mixed up horses.
http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/sim ... ury-586819
Last edited by Dresseur on Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flight

Postby Flight » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:39 pm

It would be hard to make the decision to withdraw in the Olympic games. I was a bit surprised that he was ridden, given the story of his high temps etc, but it is the Olympic games. I know people would say "so what if it's the Olympics, it's the horses health more important" , which, of course it is, and why they have team vets etc. Also, I"m sure all the riders love their horses too. But, the pressure to ride and the decisions behind it would push you to ride more than not.
If he didn't get his tongue over the bit like he did, I feel that she would have continued to ride the test.

heronponie
Greenie

Postby heronponie » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:45 am

^ that's exactly the problem. Prestige and medals and money are more important than the welfare of an animal who did not sign up for this gig.

We- equestrians as a whole- need to wake the heck up and start putting the well-being of the horses we claim to love so much FIRST. Period. Otherwise our words are just as empty as Adelinde's crocodile tears.

Shame on the vet who allowed this to go forward.

Shame on Adalinde and her connections who obviously knew the horse wasn't well enough to compete.

Shame on gullible people who are now hailing her as some kind of hero.

Signed,
A nobody

capstone
Herd Member

Postby capstone » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:58 am

heronponie wrote:Shame on gullible people who are now hailing her as some kind of hero.

I agree with this. She may not be a total villain but she is not a hero.

Bats79
Novice

Postby Bats79 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:03 am

I have to tell myself that she cannot have known the horse had a fracture in his jaw. Hopefully that is just a misunderstanding and does relate to a different horse. :( Otherwise it defies belief.

It is sad enough that she rides the way she does but to even think that would be okay is unbelievable. It was very clear to me that the horse's tongue was flapping out (not over the bit I don't believe) so I can't see why the judges overlooked it in the first place. :(

kande50

Postby kande50 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:20 am

Bats79 wrote:
It is sad enough that she rides the way she does but to even think that would be okay is unbelievable. It was very clear to me that the horse's tongue was flapping out (not over the bit I don't believe) so I can't see why the judges overlooked it in the first place. :(

Apparently, one can always find vets and judges who will help them try to cover up the horses' distress, no matter what level it reaches, so that they can continue to pursue their agenda.

Doryanna
Greenie

Re: Adelinde is angelic.

Postby Doryanna » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:01 pm

I just sent a message to ESPN that they should get their facts straight before publishing a story, and that the real story here is the training method she uses (Rollkur or LDR) The only way to way to make FEI act on this is if the general public and the media becomes involved!

Sue B

Postby Sue B » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:53 pm

The hairline fracture was in another horse (French horse in jumpers). Announcer got it mixed up. No fracture in Parcival.
Carry on.

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:35 pm

Last edited by Ryeissa on Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kande50

Postby kande50 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:05 pm

Ryeissa wrote:
he was X-rayed, yes. as a DIAGNOSTIC aid. He does not have a fracture. really.

I'm not so sure there's any way to know one way or another, because if there was a fracture I doubt they'd want anyone to know that they tried to compete him with that kind of damage--whether they knew about it beforehand, or not.

Flight

Postby Flight » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:42 am

Well, at least the rolkur phase of dressage looks to be well, phasing out! If the horse was in discomfort due to the ?spider bite, or the riding, either way it didn't make it through the test.
Let's hope proper dressage (ie the empathetic, lighter way of riding) will continue to prosper.

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:07 pm

Dresseur
500 post plus club

Postby Dresseur » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:51 pm

Again, no fracture in Parzi, that was a show jumper. The media mixed it up and people are running with it.

kande50

Postby kande50 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:16 pm

Ryeissa wrote:
No, I agree that we don't really know, but that doesn't really matter, does it? Do you honestly think they would risk a horse worth a bajillion dollars and ride it knowingly with a fracture?

He's 19 years old and may very well be physically and mentally damaged, which means that it's certainly possible that he was worth a lot more to them as a mount for this Olympics than for anything else.

but you REALLY think anyone would get on a horse with a jaw fracture?

Me? Personally? Yes, I do think that they're capable of trying to ride a horse with a *hairline* fracture under those circumstances, just in case he could do it. I'm not saying they did, but only that given the lengths that they've gone to so far, I have little doubt that if he was able to do it they'd have done their best to make him do it.

http://chronofhorse.com/article/tbt-gra ... e-remember

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:26 am

I typed a long response and lost it. To simplify, even without the fracture, the horsr could not close hus mouth, and was excessively salivating. This on a loose rein. The mildest of warm ups, one that did not result in spur marks, would have been the same.

The treatments she chose would have excluded anti inflammatory ir pain meds, because she wanted to ride.

I hope no one on this board would withhold treatment and put a bit in their buddy their pals mouth, under the same circumstances.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:32 am

A picture is worth a thousand words.
Attachments
20160815_072809.png
20160815_072809.png (195.11 KiB) Viewed 23268 times

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:36 pm

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:54 am

Guess what, you don't have to read it. Nor do you have to comment. But one thing for damn sure, you do not get to tell me to "move on".

She was an abusive git, and tried to make her actions heroic. It irritates me. Every time i see another headline worshipping her, and ignoring the other olympic athletes who retired their horses appropriately, it rankles more.

If i bother you that much I suggest you ignore me.

M&M
Herd Member

Postby M&M » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:00 pm

Rye, I wish I could say this to you face to face, so that you could hear that my tone is gentle, and expression is kind.

While you encourage people to be non-judgemental, it often seems that you are being rather judgemental of those who you think should be non-judgemental.

And it does bear thinking about to suggest to someone to let this go and move on, in a post they started. Just my 2 cents.

kande50

Postby kande50 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:20 pm

M&M wrote:
And it does bear thinking about to suggest to someone to let this go and move on, in a post they started. Just my 2 cents.

I don't think it's ever good to try to censor another poster, and makes a lot more sense, at least to me, to just move on and let those who are still interested in the conversation carry on.

I think it's a shame that Adelinde is taking more heat than some of the more abusive abusers, but have little sympathy for any of them.

Dresseur
500 post plus club

Postby Dresseur » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:44 pm

And then there's this:
http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showt ... uot-in-Rio

I read the post, I looked at the evidence. IMO, she and her team chose to withhold treatment in order to keep the horse legal to compete. Is the most abusive abuser? Probably not by a long shot - but that also doesn't mean that there needs to be sympathy. "oh, she only abused them a little bit." Doesn't fly with me.

Flight

Postby Flight » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:27 am

I remember reading an article (horse magazine maybe) that things had improved with Parzival but I did see that video of her on the lovely black horse, at it's first GP and it was ridden with quite a short neck etc. I thought that was a shame that it looks like the same type of riding on another horse.

Bats79
Novice

Postby Bats79 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:28 am

Flight wrote:I remember reading an article (horse magazine maybe) that things had improved with Parzival but I did see that video of her on the lovely black horse, at it's first GP and it was ridden with quite a short neck etc. I thought that was a shame that it looks like the same type of riding on another horse.

That was in 2013. Unfortunately she chose not to stay with Johann H and went back to Sjef.

Flight

Postby Flight » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:51 am

Oh ok, thanks Bats.

kande50

Postby kande50 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:19 am

Bats79 wrote:That was in 2013. Unfortunately she chose not to stay with Johann H and went back to Sjef.

I read that when she tried to lighten up on him she couldn't do anything with him, so went right back to what she was doing before. And I don't think she lightened up much, but just enough to lose a little bit of control, which apparently, wasn't to her liking.

I can't help but feel that this outcome was karma, as she'll now be remembered as the rider who went to the Olympics and tried to ride a horse with a broken jaw (even if that's not 100% true).

kande50

Postby kande50 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:22 am

Dresseur wrote:....Probably not by a long shot - but that also doesn't mean that there needs to be sympathy. "oh, she only abused them a little bit." Doesn't fly with me.

Especially since that's one of the many ways that abusers justify what they do: "what I'm doing isn't anywhere near as bad as what so and so does".

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:08 pm

Last edited by Ryeissa on Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kande50

Postby kande50 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:31 pm

Ryeissa wrote:Having that much anger for something you can't influence isn't healthy.

Just fyi, and I can only speak for myself, there is no anger, because as you say, getting angry about something one can't do much about isn't healthy.

One does not need to get angry to disagree, discuss, or speak out about issues that are of concern.

It's apparently, a common misconception that speaking plainly and directly means that the speaker must be angry, upset, or otherwise disturbed. (Although I'll admit that sometimes people speak so "plainly" that I'm taken aback, too!)

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:42 pm

Last edited by Ryeissa on Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:29 pm

Ryeissa wrote:
chisamba was swearing in the title. She is one of our more passionate and polarizing posters. its not our first interaction, as you know

As someone ELSE who speaks plainly and definitively, I can understand that other people are offended by it as I have often been accused of sounding angry etc.
If the Ryeissa and Chisamba have history, so be it. But there is no reason to fight about something like this. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:09 pm

Last edited by Ryeissa on Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Flight

Postby Flight » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:22 am

I just took it as Chisamba being passionate, and I don't have many dressage obsessed friends (to the point that I am!) so I don't mind reading passionate discussions on forums. It's easy to 'walk away' from them too.

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:18 pm

Last edited by Ryeissa on Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:10 pm

Yeah, being told i am aggressive, ( do not read, or do not understand, am polarizing, ) are not fighting words at all. I cannot imagine how I misunderstood the intent.

Bats79
Novice

Postby Bats79 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:19 am

Polarising isn't a bad thing to be. It means you get people to make choices, chose one or the other, bring people to the "ends" of the rail. Always needs to be someone who does that.

Way better than being someone who gets people to sit on the fence - enough people do that already - better to get them off the fence and into a position of some meaning. :)

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”