Victory for Diddy, Valegro et al

Sue B
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Victory for Diddy, Valegro et al

Postby Sue B » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:34 pm

I feel so happy for the sport of dressage. Valegro had a beautiful final performance and was rewarded with the Gold Medal. i did not get to see Laura Graves ride, but Diddy must've risen to the occasion as they got 4th overall. How amazing is that?! To take a horse to the Olympics with so little international experience (horse AND rider) and come in 4th! This is awesome. Hurray for the US and GBR.

Chancellor
Site Admin

Re: Victory for Diddy, Valegro et al

Postby Chancellor » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:40 pm

The stories of Laura and Charlotte are pretty heart warming too. I'm so happy for both of them!
AND so glad I got to see Valegro go at the World Cup. He is one amazing horse!

M&M
Herd Member

Postby M&M » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:01 pm

Chancellor wrote: AND so glad I got to see Valegro go at the World Cup. He is one amazing horse!

Jealous!!!!!!!!!

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:32 pm

Happy for all. I've turned a friend onto CdJ and Blueberry and she is posting pictures on FB.

Bats79
Novice

Postby Bats79 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:31 am

Sue B wrote:I feel so happy for the sport of dressage. Valegro had a beautiful final performance and was rewarded with the Gold Medal. i did not get to see Laura Graves ride, but Diddy must've risen to the occasion as they got 4th overall. How amazing is that?! To take a horse to the Olympics with so little international experience (horse AND rider) and come in 4th! This is awesome. Hurray for the US and GBR.

She so deserved the bronze! Congratulations to her. :)

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:02 pm

I though the greater majority of the rides were more calm and elastic,( less pressured and tense). I was so happy to see some very lovely rides.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:29 pm

Bats79 wrote:
Sue B wrote:I feel so happy for the sport of dressage. Valegro had a beautiful final performance and was rewarded with the Gold Medal. i did not get to see Laura Graves ride, but Diddy must've risen to the occasion as they got 4th overall. How amazing is that?! To take a horse to the Olympics with so little international experience (horse AND rider) and come in 4th! This is awesome. Hurray for the US and GBR.

She so deserved the bronze! Congratulations to her. :)

Loved watching her rides; I felt like they were some of the most harmonious, and that horse has amazing half pass and tempi changes. If you didn't see his freestyle, they did 2-tempis, changing right into 1-tempis on a circle; not something I've seen before and it was pretty impressive. I believe they got an 85%, which was their personal best GP score. I have the freestyle saved to DVR so I can watch it again.
Keep calm and canter on.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”