What I love about DDBB

M&M
Herd Member

What I love about DDBB

Postby M&M » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:36 am

On the one hand, I wish there was more activity here. On the other hand, the last post in the Political Forum is a month old!

What do you love about being here?

Quelah
Herd Member

Re: What I love about DDBB

Postby Quelah » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:38 am

Ditto!

Rockabilly
Herd Member

Postby Rockabilly » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:44 am

I like it too. More activity would be nice and I should post more myself.

Chisamba
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby Chisamba » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:16 am

I love the training goals threads. I like the chatty stuff too.

I do not miss the politics lolz

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:57 am

I love that so one cares enough to bring it to life after we lost the UDBB.

I too wish there was more activity, but as they say, it is what it is. I still enjoy coming here.

Flight

Postby Flight » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:05 am

I'm really enjoying the training goals thread. I don't feel intimidated to show pics and have people give me their opinions etc.sometimes I have to remember this isn't a private forum and I forget that lots of people could be lurking!

Josette

Postby Josette » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:54 am

Ditto - I too am loving the training forum and always learning and refreshing my memory. Mostly I love the support and kinship among the members. :)

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:09 pm

If you want more activity, I can start letting in some of the Russian posters.
I mean, I'm SURE you all would like to watch movies with Russian overdubs, wouldn't you?

Just kidding....I do wish for more activity. But it is what it is. When I revived the community, I knew that bulletin boards were slowing going away. If everyone brought one friend into the board.......

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:35 pm

Yeah, the problem is that BB are a dying breed. I was very active on a dog BB for YEARS, then everyone migrated to other forms of communication and that BB is pretty much gone. Whenever there is a resurrection, many former members don't come back. It's nothing personal, just the way it is.

I never felt comfortable posting any training/riding question on the old UDBB. I certainly do here (see cantering video). And even though I've gone to the dark side, I still would post a question here first because dressage is training and there are many members here with mad skillz. I love the comaraderie and feeling that I am among friends. I miss nothing about the political threads, and I don't miss any train wrecks (I can get those on CoH).

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:44 pm

I like that this board has lots of people whom I would love to see at my boarding barn on a regular basis! It's a thoughtful group with a lot of grown ups (not all, so don't worry if you don't like that term for yourself).

As one of those grown-ups, there are times that I am simply completely buried in boring things like work. I keep up my riding/training, but not my posting!

demi

Postby demi » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:50 pm

I also like the training forum. Regarding activity, training is a slow process and since Most of us are only riding one or two horses, there isn't a lot to report. I am thinking of starting back on my other mare, Rocky, since we are getting out of hot weather and I'll have more time in the day to ride.

Paula O, I liked your canter vid and thought when you first posted it that it could have been posted on the training forum. I like that the training forum is a friendly place and also a good place to get some feedback. Like Flight mentioned, though, I tend to forget that it isn't a private forum. I'm not sure it matters but still...

I just saw Piedmont's post when I previewed my own and totally agree that I'd like to see many of our posters at my boarding facility...well, I keep my horses at home, but you know what I mean.

demi

Postby demi » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:56 pm

One more thought on the activity of this board and that is slow is not necessarily bad. We live in a fast paced society and it is nice to slow down sometimes.

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:50 pm

demi wrote:Paula O, I liked your canter vid and thought when you first posted it that it could have been posted on the training

I will post it over there.....

texsuze
500 post plus club

Postby texsuze » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:23 pm

Enjoying that this is a kinder, gentler board than previous incarnations, IMHO. Thankful that Chance took up the flag to keep it alive. Appreciative of the input and advice about non-equine issues. Glad that my posts aren't shot down by overbearing replies. And since I don't do social media, I'm happy this board is still active. But where is Clanter? ;)

Sunshine2Me
Herd Member

Postby Sunshine2Me » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:32 pm

texsuze wrote:But where is Clanter? ;)

I'd love to see photos of the twins! :D

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:39 pm

I think I have his email address and will let him know that you guys are looking for him.

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:56 pm

Clanter says that the twins will be 9 in a few days and will try to return to post a picture of them soon!

clanter
Herd Member

Postby clanter » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:10 pm

Sunshine2Me wrote:
texsuze wrote:But where is Clanter? ;)

I'd love to see photos of the twins! :D

oh having dear daughter send me over the more recent photos, the twins will be... 9 in a few weeks... and are finally getting more interested in the horses since their school friends all want to come over to brush the little monsters (the miniatures not the twins, they are good kids)

clanter
Herd Member

Postby clanter » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:23 pm

Actually have been some changes here, wife is working is real psycho ward as a RN... she had plenty of practice working with the kids.... oldest daughter, mother of the twins has become a professional photographer following her brother footsteps but rather than fashion she is documenting births of human kids.... son is still doing his photography and is now producing and directing commercials for TV and the Internet (any Express Clothing men or woman ad is one of his), has six crews working around the world.

Youngest daughter is still teaching at the intercity high school... Biology again this year since 98% of her students have been able to pass the state tests .... had to battle a sunk who got into the adjacent classroom three days before classes started this year

Still have three horses, three miniatures and that one pony who must be over 40 ....and Sage the Wonder Dog (who is going to be broke to harness shortly as wife just got the pup a set of harness and the cart is being built)

Rockabilly
Herd Member

Postby Rockabilly » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:28 pm

clanter wrote:Actually have been some changes here, wife is working is real psycho ward as a RN... she had plenty of practice working with the kids.... oldest daughter, mother of the twins has become a professional photographer following her brother footsteps but rather than fashion she is documenting births of human kids.... son is still doing his photography and is now producing and directing commercials for TV and the Internet (any Express Clothing men or woman ad is one of his), has six crews working around the world.

Youngest daughter is still teaching at the intercity high school... Biology again this year since 98% of her students have been able to pass the state tests .... had to battle a sunk who got into the adjacent classroom three days before classes started this year

Still have three horses, three miniatures and that one pony who must be over 40 ....and Sage the Wonder Dog (who is going to be broke to harness shortly as wife just got the pup a set of harness and the cart is being built)

What I love is hearing from you. I am thinking of Foxie and Billy very much this week and I expect you are too.

M&M
Herd Member

Postby M&M » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:28 pm

I'm sure I speak for many of us when I say that I think about Billy and Foxie a lot, and I 'm sure I always will.

And Freeway. He was in their league.

Rockabilly
Herd Member

Postby Rockabilly » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:49 pm

Yes, Freeway. I was thinking of Billy and Foxie because they passed away 3 years ago this week.

clanter
Herd Member

Postby clanter » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:14 pm

Rockabilly wrote: I am thinking of Foxie and Billy very much this week and I expect you are too.

I have lost track of time as it has been three years since they crossed the bridge.... I still have her stall empty with her halter and lead at the waiting (no bunnies born in it this year but we have a bumper crop of bunnies anyway) ... our vet talks about here every time he is around, he has a summer intern riding with him and he told her about the two weeks Foxie stood in ice water

AirsAboveNC
Novice

Postby AirsAboveNC » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:28 pm

I like that it keeps the drama off the FB group. :-P

Kidding. Sort of.

I like that even though it's quiet, it does seem to be mostly civil. Lots of familiar names to see, kind of comforting. And most of the posts promote real conversation on a topic meaningful to the OP.

clanter
Herd Member

Postby clanter » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:55 pm

M&M wrote:I'm sure I speak for many of us when I say that I think about Billy and Foxie a lot, and I 'm sure I always will.

And Freeway. He was in their league.

all loved horses are equally prized some just had more people they were exposed to.... the ending of Black Beauty seems to wrap it up pretty well

Willie always speaks to me when he can, and treats me as his special friend. My ladies have promised that I shall never be sold, and so I have nothing to fear; and here my story ends. My troubles are all over, and I am at home; and often before I am quite awake, I fancy I am still in the orchard at Birtwick, standing with my old friends under the apple-trees.

http://etc.usf.edu/lit2go/125/black-bea ... last-home/

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:21 am

while I love it here, and would feel safe posting a video for others input, I do miss Mike Matsons posts!

I do see him over on coth and wish he'd at least stop in here now and then.

Flight

Postby Flight » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:03 am

Also, is it mostly us older people posting on forums now? What do the younger people do? As in under 30s? I don't even think they do much FB now either?

M&M
Herd Member

Postby M&M » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:32 am

I didn't remember that that they passed so very close to each other.

And Clanter, you summed it up beautifully. Well, you and Anna Sewell!

clanter
Herd Member

Postby clanter » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:21 pm

M&M wrote:I didn't remember that that they passed so very close to each other.

And Clanter, you summed it up beautifully. Well, you and Anna Sewell!

problem for our horses is they can not stand under the shade of apple trees as they ate the apple trees, the peach trees and pear trees so they get to stand under the shade of the pecan tree which was too big to be consumed

chantal
500 post plus club

Postby chantal » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:31 pm

I love my friends here. I should post more, but I never posted much on the old board. Just not my thing. I will chime in but am not good at starting things. I'm better at killing threads... :twisted:

Just spent a week with paownyc in the Adirondacks. I've made some wonderful real life friends from the UDBB and don't want to let those friends go.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”