I think Im going to move Tundra

carpevita
Herd Member

I think Im going to move Tundra

Postby carpevita » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:38 pm

Well, its been a long time coming, and I just may have found a new home for my sweet girl.
Norton, Mass is 15 miles or so from where I'll be living this winter, and there's HUGE turnout, plenty of room for my trailer, and direct access to hours of trails. The owner will add a run-in for me in the HUGE semi-wooded pasture, so I'm pretty pleased about that. She much prefers to live out as much as possible, a run in will make her very happy.

I guess I'm getting excited to be moving and exploring a new home!

PaulaO
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: I think Im going to move Tundra

Postby PaulaO » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:26 pm

Very exciting for both of you!

Suzon
Herd Member

Postby Suzon » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:05 am

That's sound great!

VBOpie
Herd Member

Postby VBOpie » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:08 am

nice to hear this update!

Quelah
Herd Member

Postby Quelah » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:21 pm

Sounds fabulous!!! You had me at woods :)

carpevita
Herd Member

Re: Lol, now I may NOT move Tundra

Postby carpevita » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:07 am

You guys wont believe this. So I looked at four or five barns, chose the one I think will suit, and then I got a call Saturday night.
A friend who has been living in Taos for a few years and LOVES it has been after me to come spend the winter, but we've been playing telephone tag for over a month, so I moved onto plan b, moving to the Boston area with my son for the winter. She finally gets me Saturday and is very excited as the purrfect gig for me has fallen into her lap.
Clients of hers (she cleans houses and gardens) are looking for a house sitter from November until April in their large home--two dogs, a koi pond and lots of houseplants.
She thinks I'd be perfect for them, (they want a home owner who knows winter weather--that's ME!) and they want to meet me by Skyppe tomorrow.
I am very seriously considering it for a couple of reasons. First, I will save a few thousand on housing costs which is HUGE. Second I want an adventure of some sort before my dd becomes pregnant, because when she does I want to be close by.
My health was too bad last year to travel, and I am sad to have missed out on what seemed like some fun trips, so this may work. I'm actually not a big fan of the southwest, but if I don't have to work 40 hours a week I may find time to explore and find some fun. My friend is quite the social butterfly, and is really into the local music scene. I'll never be out and about as much as she is, but I think together we can find a cure for my chronic loneliness while I'm busy saving some cash this winter.

As for Tundra, in the meantime an old barn buddy has agreed to visit her a couple of times a week and groom and fuss over her. So IF the folks do want me to house sit, and everything else feels right about it, Tundra gets to stay put for another few months. She is happy where she is--and yep, she has woods to get into for shade and coolness now too, and her herd of eight years as well.

I'll be just as glad to stay with my son this winter--the household is fun, close to everything and I'm sure I can find a job. Though I assume i'll have to work my ass off to afford living there and may not see Tundra as much as I want if so.
LOTS to think about!!

KathyK

Postby KathyK » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:08 pm

This sounds great and I hope it all falls into place quickly. :)

Moutaineer

Postby Moutaineer » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:28 pm

It sounds like it's a win whatever happens. Taos area is pretty good.

amygdala
Herd Member

Postby amygdala » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:48 pm

i think taos is magical, underneath all the tourist crap. also expensive

Josette

Postby Josette » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:26 am

Glad to hear as this sounds like a fun adventure for you. We did a short visit to Taos last year while visiting Santa Fe. I find the southwest so foreign coming from the green east coast - and dry! I totally enjoy the art galleries and hope to do a return visit. A nice winter escape. Last winter in the NE we were gifted with mild weather but the previous year we were buried! I recall mountains of snow being dumped into the Boston harbor.

Funny I was thinking of you the other day after reading a book about a group of friends who wintered together in Maine. Have you made progress on the VT site you all were developing? I always circle back to ME and NH as my favorite summer trips but have reservation about the winters as I don't ski. 8-)

texsuze
500 post plus club

Postby texsuze » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:02 pm

Keep us posted. If they like you (what's not to like ;) ), take the job! New experience, saving some more money, someone you already know in the area, too!

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”