In need of video help

Sue B
Bringing Life to the DDBB

In need of video help

Postby Sue B » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:00 pm

So, my ds video'd me riding Tio yesterday using my cell phone. Unfortunately, he started with the phone in the vertical position, thought better of it and switched to horizontal about 30sec into the vid. So now I either have to watch sideways or screen lock my tablet so that I can view the video. Anything I can do about this?

Chisamba

Re: In need of video help

Postby Chisamba » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:28 am

My phone video editor allows me to split and rotate the video. Do you have an editor?

Sue B

Postby Sue B » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:20 pm

I have no idea, guess I'll look for that. Thnx

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:45 pm

if you cannot find a video editor on your phone, a free app that you can download that allows you to work on your videos is VivaVideo. you can also find tutorials online ( on you tube) about how to use it. it works quite well too

if you do have a free editor on your phone, you will probably be able to find tutorials on you tube about how to use it too; good luck

Sue B

Postby Sue B » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:21 pm

Well, so far I have failed with the editor in my phone so I will have to take time to do more research I guess. "smart" phones and I do not play well together. Meanwhile, I posted the sideways vid in the goals thread.

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:12 pm

Assuming you are not just using your phone, there are free editors that you can download onto your computer.

Flight

Postby Flight » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:36 am

You can fix it in youtube.com/editor pretty easily. Just cut the video where you need to rotate it. Then rotate that clip. Then save the new vid :)

Sue B

Postby Sue B » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:40 pm

Fixed it! Thanks for the help. :-) Too lazy to trim off the first bit though, so now there's still 30sec or so of sideways at the beginning. :P
For those who don't go to the Training Lounge, this is a vid of my just-turned-5yr old, Tio. Been a slow start due to my time and his wonky growth spurts, but it seems he's coming along now. Btw, everything he's wearing except the saddle, I got off the DDB/UDDB; so thank you.

https://youtu.be/xuV40xpjxPY

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”