Completely aggravated whine warning

Chisamba
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Completely aggravated whine warning

Postby Chisamba » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:24 am

I work at a group home. Its like taking care of large sized toddlers in some ways. Staff does most of the work a mother would do, along with helping the individuals live happily, meet goals and and learn skills of habitation and co existence.

Basically it means there is a certain amount of incontinence to deal with. As overnight staff, we deal a lot with toileting overnight, diaper checks, cleaning etc.

I walk in tonight and the day staff almost runs out the door. There is a permeating disgusting odor of feces but some how exponentially present. After a walk through i realize its coming from the running dryer. Now understand staff does the laundry so some one put garments still loaded with feces in the washing machine, and then transferred them, now liberally coated with feces throughout, in the dryer, and turned it on, smearing the whole drum, and clothing with now baking feces.

How does a adult sentient being do that? Would you do that in your own home? If i had not discovered it would they have folded the shit covered clothing from the dryer and put it in the individuals closets. Would you like your clothing thrown in the machine with some one elses shit?

Its so offensive.

Vent over. I apologise, I just had to get it out.

amygdala
Herd Member

Re: Completely aggravated whine warning

Postby amygdala » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:45 am

I'M, UH, SPEECHLESS-- very sorry this happened, and sorry you had to deal with it.
i can only say i think your vent was EXTREMELY RESTRAINED!

Flight

Postby Flight » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:15 am

Urghhh gross!

Kyra's Mom
500 post plus club

Postby Kyra's Mom » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:31 am

Vent warranted. UGH. So sorry you had to deal with that.

SUsan
from susamorg on the UDBB

kande50

Postby kande50 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:01 pm

Sounds like someone was testing the limits of what a washing machine can actually wash out, but putting still dirty clothes in the dryer does seem pretty clueless.

Course if one has the option of leaving and dumping the cleanup of their failed experiment on someone else there isn't likely to be much motivation to get a clue.

M&M
Herd Member

Postby M&M » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:50 pm

Except perhaps to be able to look at oneself in the mirror. But some people are ok with that, I guess.

And I agree. Your whine is quite understated.

Josette

Postby Josette » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:23 pm

Yikes! I would find the individual who did this and make them clean up. Someone should be held accountable.

Code3
Herd Member

Postby Code3 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:47 pm

I'd rant too. Sorry you had to deal with that.

Koolkat
500 post plus club

Postby Koolkat » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:50 pm

I trust you spoke to whoever those people report too. That's not just negligently gross, it's a health hazard. Those towels should have been washed again (and again), until they came out clean. Bleach would have been a good idea, too. And then there's cleaning out the dryer.

Tuddy
500 post plus club

Postby Tuddy » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:04 pm

First of all - thank you. Thank you for being the caregiver to these people that other people are not able to provide. My husband and I are currently tending to the needs of my father in law, who is not in a care home as of yet, but should be. And, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for all that you do for our loved ones when they are no longer able to stay at home and look after themselves.

I am very sorry to hear that this happened to you, this is not fair to you at all, or the other staff that you were working with that night. I hope that this matter is brought to the attention of the supervisory staff and dealt with accordingly.

Quelah
Herd Member

Postby Quelah » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:24 pm

OMG. You are a saint for the work that you do normally and for not running screaming from the building.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:35 am

Yes, because of the health hazard i did feel the need to report it, wiyh photographic evidence. and of course i bleached both machines, soaked out and disposed of all the fecal material, and soaked and sanitized the clothing twice.

The individuals in our care are very dear. It is good to be doing a much needed job and is never boring. I have to admit i could not have done this in my youth. Age does have its benefits.

orono
Herd Member

Postby orono » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:19 am

Good that you reported it. Hopefully the person who did this will be found out and have to face some consequence.

bailey
Herd Member

Postby bailey » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:18 am

I think you are an amazing person in so many ways. The home is really lucky to have you there caring for them. I believe in karma and I think you're in for a real 'karma boomerang' soon!

The calmer I am, the stronger I am.

westisbest
Herd Member

Postby westisbest » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:15 pm

bailey wrote:I think you are an amazing person in so many ways. The home is really lucky to have you there caring for them. I believe in karma and I think you're in for a real 'karma boomerang' soon!

I'll second that. You are the ultimate over-comer of difficult situations Chisamba.

chantal
500 post plus club

Postby chantal » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:09 am

After having 2 aging parents who had many health problems, I third fourth or whatever number, that you are an amazing person and a true gift to your clients. Thank you!

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:17 am

Well, its important not to resent incontinence accidents. No one wants to be dirty, if a person is unable to toilet themselves, it is not their fault. You just help them become clean and comfortable again.

Its not a pleasant task but it is an important one. If i can bee cheerful and positive about it, the clients are more likely to ask for my help before hand, and successfully use the toilet. I have less accidents to clean up on my shift as a result. :)

Koolkat
500 post plus club

Postby Koolkat » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:57 pm

Horse training has served you well. ;)

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”