Wells Fargo

Tarlo Farm
500 post plus club

Wells Fargo

Postby Tarlo Farm » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:06 pm

I'm ticked this bank is ruining the good name of the (short-lived) mail system, but I'd be FURIOUS if I had banked with them, regardless whether or not I'd been signed up for fake accounts. Can you imagine the chaos this may have caused people?!?!?

piedmontfields
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Wells Fargo

Postby piedmontfields » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:41 pm

We've had mortgages with W-F for a long time. No apparent personal problems...yet. Of course we also own a diesel VW. Maybe we can really pick them!!!

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:26 pm

Wells Fargo has carried our mortgage, and refinanced seamlessly, and our vehicle loan, no problems either, ( yet). not sure what the thread is about might have to go research. oh the fake accounts, i do check my credit every month, so as far as i know none were opened in my name.

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:40 pm

I'm curious as to the backstory. How was this fraud exposed? It's not enough that the guilty employees were fired--they need to be taken to court. And this quote kills me. Calling it a mistake???? Please.

"At Wells Fargo, when we make mistakes, we are open about it, we take responsibility, and we take action," the bank said in a memo to employees on Thursday.

myleetlepony
Herd Member

Postby myleetlepony » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:32 pm

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/08/investi ... bank-fees/

Um, how are these people not being arrested for identity fraud??? 5,300 employees fired over this so far?

Suzon
Herd Member

Postby Suzon » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:29 am

We got rid of WF several years ago. We had personal accounts there and when we bought a business we opened business accounts...what a confusing clusterf*ck. They opened about 12 different accounts and we kept trying to close the ones we did not need or use (we called, we wrote, we repeated) and they just kept all of them active. NOW I KNOW WHY!!

Tarlo Farm
500 post plus club

Postby Tarlo Farm » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:46 am

myleetlepony wrote:http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/08/investing/wells-fargo-created-phony-accounts-bank-fees/

Um, how are these people not being arrested for identity fraud??? 5,300 employees fired over this so far?

Did you hear one of the senators showed a photo of a WF bank robber, going to jail after apologizing for the robbery, and the senator asking the WF exec why he too shouldn't be jailed?

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:41 pm

I had a recent problem with a lease from WF. They were charging a fee for insurance I did t need. Then when I short paid they charged interest which was higher than what I short paid! Lol.

The woman riding me on this was a royal bi%%h! Which made me. Royal Bi%%h! She would call and say they hadn't received my payment, which would cause me to freak out, as I knew I paid it. As it turned out, it was really the shortage she was calling about.

I got my sales rep involved, then dealt with a sales manager from WF and he got it all resolved. He did a great job and was nice about all this.

Hoping the bi%%h was part of the 5,300 let go. I have had a lease with them for years and never had such problems. I bet the fake accounts were done because management needed the books to look good so they pressured low ranking employees, new business or your fired!

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”