Should I have been embarrassed?

boots-aregard
Herd Member

Postby boots-aregard » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:12 pm

Funny thing. I'm riding the bus, headed to BART, and I've got a couple bags of things with me. One bag has my travel mug in it and must have still had a little tea at the bottom, because when I get off the bus, I've got this wet spot on the thigh of my pants. High on the thigh, toward the inside, because I was holding this stuff in my lap. And here I am walking to the train with this unexplained wet mark on my pants....

I wasn't _actually_ embarrassed, because I hadn't +actually+ peed my pants, but onlookers sure looked at me funny and there wasn't anything I could do about it but keep walking.

Anybody else got an embarrassing story to tell?

Rhianon
Herd Member

Re: Should I have been embarrassed?

Postby Rhianon » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:32 pm

That's when a large bag to hold in front of you comes in very handy.

Mine was many years ago, but I still blush to think of it. DH and I were students--very poor, of course! When he graduated from his program he won an award, so there was this big "do" to go to. I hadn't a thing to wear, but managed to find a nice white jacket I could wear over a dress I had to make it all work. It was on sale--bonus. So off I went to the do feeling very beautiful indeed. Until about half way through the night when one kind woman pointed out to me that I still had the bright red "Sale" tag hanging from the armpit ...

Idofly
Greenie

Postby Idofly » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:49 pm

A very clueless male co-worker spilled red wine on my seat at an awards banquet while I was away talking to our CFO and didn't tell me until after I sat back down that someone was coming with a new chair.

I was wearing a silver grey dress and you can guess what it looked like from behind...oh, and I had to get up and speak too.

chantal
500 post plus club

Postby chantal » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:36 pm

No. Their reactions are theirs. You know what happened.

CanadianTrotter
Herd Member

Postby CanadianTrotter » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:05 am

I was grocery shopping with my friend in the fruit section. I had just picked out four packages of beautifully ripened raspberries (not grapes!)with visions of peach/raspberry cobbler dancing through my head, when said friend called my name. I turned too quickly and two of the packages sitting on top of the two I had an actual grip on, slipped off as I turned towrds her and they spilled all over the floor.

She started laughing at me which drew everyone's attention to the mess on the floor, so I said, "Now look what you've done!... clean up in the fruit section!". She was laughing too hard to defend herself against my false accusation.

Nahhhhhh.....

Larbear
Novice

Postby Larbear » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:06 am

I got one. I was rushing to catch my train, grabbed my knapsack and was booking it across the parking lot and then I suddenly felt that the back of my pants was warm and wet. What the :shock: ??? Turns out the top of my travel mug popped open and spilled the entire contents into my knapsack . All down the back of my pants wet with coffee. Ugh! Can't really go home, can't really go on the train either. Gah! After draining my knapsack, I swabbed myself off the best I could and the woman that cleans the bathrooms etc at the train station was spraying some sort of cleaning stuff on me.

I got a lot of looks and I left wet spots wherever I sat :lol: Most uncomfortable! Lesson learned...I now put my travel mug in a ziplock bag!

CanadianTrotter
Herd Member

Postby CanadianTrotter » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:58 am

I had a court appearance as a witness and ran to the bathroom during a break. The water pressure in that building must have been amazing because when I turned on the water to wash my hands the water spurted up and got me wet from the waist right down to my knees. No amount of paper towels or doing the limbo under the hand dryer worked.

CanadianTrotter
Herd Member

Postby CanadianTrotter » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:01 pm

Just remembered this one from a time I was on a city bus full of students.

There was a young woman standing at the front of the bus when the male student standing beside her said, Did you just fart?" before he moved towards the back of the bus. He said it loud enough for everyone to hear.

Don Giovanni
Novice

Postby Don Giovanni » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:57 pm

Yesterday I had a really hot bowl of soup at lunch, trying to get this cold to break up a bit. It had the usual effect of making me pretty warm! I was standing at the printer waiting for a job and fanning myself with a folder when one of the managers walked by, said "Oooh! Hot flash?" and kept walking. I didn't know if I could throw something at him (since he was obviously blaming menopause I could get away with a hormonal defense) or just stand there gaping... I hope HE had the good sense to be embarassed....

Don Giovanni
Novice

Postby Don Giovanni » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:58 pm

oh - and boots No way ....
Their reaction, their problem (and monkeys and circus :) )

Chisamba
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby Chisamba » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:01 pm

I have a very funny embarrassment story, or at least i think it is. my sister was ten years older than me, and very attractive, she drew glances wherever she went. she about seventeen, in her last year of high school and i was seven, and we were traveling by train from Zambia to South Africa to visit my aunt and uncle. we shared a double berth. well in the middle of the night, Jasmine needed to use the toilet which was situated between car, so she trotted off and went. when she got back i was sprawled across the bunk, as was my habit, and she said sternly, okay now, you move over and we will lie together like spoons!! ( i was quite a restless sleeper and no one wanted to share with me)

at which a male voice said, with a puzzled tone, "well okay, if you insist".

Jasmine had accidentally walked into the wrong cabin. She shrieked and rushed back into our cabin, locking the door. even woke me, who at the time did not realize quite how embarrassing it was for her. I said, dont worry, its dark, he wont know who you are... ha! ha!

when we went to breakfast the next morning, as we walked past the one table, a young man took two spoons and fitted them into each other as we walked past. Poor Jaz blushed tremendously.

I think your wet patch stories are quite amusing :D .
Attachments
jasmine.jpg
jasmine.jpg (17.67 KiB) Viewed 11432 times

Don Giovanni
Novice

Postby Don Giovanni » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:57 pm

chisamba - hahahahahahaha! your poor sister :)

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”