Chance meeting of DDBBers!

quinta
Herd Member

Chance meeting of DDBBers!

Postby quinta » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:17 pm

I was in Toronto last week, visiting my sister. This was the first time I've managed to schedule a visit to coincide with the Royal Winter Fair (yay!) so bought tickets with a few friends and my horse-crazed niece. We get settled into our seats, and then the occupants of the neighbouring seats arrive. I glance over, and think "I think I recognize her". I decide to take the plunge with the awkward "Do I know you from the internet?" question. Yes! It is DJR and her daughter!! What a great coincidence. Even better, since I was already planning to contact Deanna about barns and trainers before my impending move to back to Ontario. She was, not unexpectedly, as friendly in person as she is here.

The Royal was great fun, especially with a 12-year-old bouncing in her seat exclaiming "so exciting! so exciting! so exciting!". I got some serious auntie points. :lol:

DJR
500 post plus club

Re: Chance meeting of DDBBers!

Postby DJR » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:08 am

It was SO COOL to meet you at the Royal!!!! Such a small world. I'm very happy that you introduced yourself, and very impressed that you recognized me based on photos (I suck at doing that myself!!).

Total fun. :mrgreen:
formerly known as "Deanna" on UDBB -- and prior to that, as "DJD".

Canyon
500 post plus club

Re: Chance meeting of DDBBers!

Postby Canyon » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:40 am

"Do I know you from the internet?" :lol:

Very cool meeting indeed!

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”