Christmas ornaments need a new home

texsuze
500 post plus club

Christmas ornaments need a new home

Postby texsuze » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:58 pm

We haven't put up a Christmas tree in many years. DH doesn't feel compelled to assist in any way (although he is always pleased with the end result!), no kids to decorate for, and cats end up using the ornaments as target practice ;)

Yesterday I went through my boxes of ornaments, collected over many decades, and decided that they would be better served hanging on trees, sitting on tabletops, and otherwise being enjoyed and appreciated instead of carefully packed away in the attic. My first thought was to see if any DDBB'ers are interested in the ornaments, either for themselves, or for someone they know who would appreciate them (not resell them...!).

I have a set of about 25 "horse-themed" ornaments: rocking horses, stick horses, carousel horses, horse & rider, that are made of glass, ceramic, wood and fabric, many are pushing 30 years old! Some commercially produced, some hand-made, all gently loved. I've got a few "southwestern-themed" ornaments, and some small sets of beautiful, colorful blown glass ornaments, too.

To me, it is more important that I re-home these ornaments to be appreciated and used, so I suppose make an offer on part or all of my collection, plus postage, and I'll ship them just about anywhere. There wasn't a Misc. category in the Classifieds, so I'm posting here. PM me with your email address and I'll send photos. Thanks!

piedmontfields
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Christmas ornaments need a new home

Postby piedmontfields » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:41 pm

This is one of the many reasons I think this board is so wonderful. We think of each other and our interests, even when we need to do practical things like downsize.

Although I do not celebrate Christmas, my mother does and she had a beloved black morgan mare for over 25 years. She loves black horse ornaments. If you happen to have one, I would be very pleased to acquire it from you and share it with her. If it is a bit hairy and trotting in a road trot, all the better! :D

carpevita
Herd Member

Postby carpevita » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:08 pm

Suze I would love one or two from you. I haven't any since we sold our place a few years ago---and of course it will always remind me of our dinner together!

texsuze
500 post plus club

Postby texsuze » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:10 pm

Piedmontfields, the one black horse ornament I have is a flat (painted on both sides) ornament of a Canadian mountie in uniform, holding the Canadian flag while riding a black horse with white mane and tail! I do have two very dark brown horse ornaments, but not really the same as a black Morgan ;) If you are still interested, PM me and I'll gladly send a picture, thanks!

texsuze
500 post plus club

Postby texsuze » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:14 pm

Hi, 'Vita!
Let me send you some photos of the horsey ornaments so you can pick and chose. I'm lousy at computers and posting photos, so can you PM me with your email and I'll get photos of the ornaments to you---right after I go feed ;)
I even have a couple of "Texas" ornaments that need new homes!

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:26 am

I love wood, and horses, and vintage. I would love one

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:51 pm

Thanks, Texsuze. The mountie sounds like a great ornament, but should go to someone else!

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”