There are good people out there...

Tuddy
500 post plus club

There are good people out there...

Postby Tuddy » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:37 pm

I used my lunch break to rip over to Costco to pick up a couple things. I get back to work and go to grab my access card to get back in the building, and I can't find my wallet. I grab my cell phone to call Costco to see if anyone had turned in a wallet, and I noticed a missed call and a voice message. It was the Customer Service desk there, calling me to let me know that "something of your was turned in from the parking lot and is being kept in our safe until you can come by to pick it up". My wallet must have fallen through the cart onto the ground and someone found it and turned it in. Costco found my membership card, looked up my number and called me.

I hope the person who turned in my wallet has the Merry-est of Christmas and a huge shout out to the staff at Costco for holding onto it for me!

Sunshine2Me
Herd Member

Re: There are good people out there...

Postby Sunshine2Me » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:45 pm

That's awesome!

fergusnc
500 post plus club

Postby fergusnc » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:51 pm

Faith in humanity....restored. And big sigh of relief for you!

Tabby
Herd Member

Postby Tabby » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:48 am

Awesome! Though I have to admit my heart skipped a beat when you started out saying that you went to Costco on your lunch break. How long of a lunch do you get? In the Christmas season even! You are a very brave woman!!!!

StraightForward
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby StraightForward » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:09 am

Yay, glad you got your wallet back!

When I was 17 or so, I'd just cashed my weekly check from my part-time job, and my wallet fell out of my car in a parking lot. Some good Samaritan brought it to our house and gave it to my parents with the cash still in it. It's been 20+ years, but I hope that guy has a wonderful Christmas too!
Keep calm and canter on.

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:17 pm

It's so nice to hear good stories. Merry Christmas to the honest person who turned in your wallet, and to the employee who took the time to look up your number.

Quelah
Herd Member

Postby Quelah » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:41 pm

Years agoy Coach purse was stolen out of my car in front of my parents house. Someone found it, two towns away, sans cash but still had my contact info in it. I got it back and decades later, still have it. Cheers to the good people in the world :)

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:39 pm

Great Job - to the finder and Costco

Now and then this happens at our business. Once I found a whole purse that was left in the buggy..YIKES..

We did have to look in the purse to find her contact information to call her. She was very thankful.

For us girls, losing our wallet or purse is a major catastrophe !

Business reward cards are a great help in finding the person who lost their purse, wallet, keys, bank cards, et. .

REMINDER - WHEN YOU MOVE OR CHANGE PHONE NUMBERS LET THE BUSINESS KNOW YOUR CHANGES - OR THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO FIND YOU !!!

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”