Another rockin' New Year's Eve

PaulaO
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Another rockin' New Year's Eve

Postby PaulaO » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:43 am

Did some minor housecleaning this morning, then went to the barn. Rode, hung around, got Chinese takeout and was home by 2pm. I was very cold, so I took a hot bath and was in my Jim-jams by 4pm. I've watched Gosford Park, and am now watching The Grand Tour with the Top Gear lads. I predict Ursala and I will be in bed by 10pm.

I hope SOMEONE is having a more exciting evening. :lol:

But I am enjoying myself.

Flight

Re: Another rockin' New Year's Eve

Postby Flight » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:27 am

We are already well into New Years day, but I did manage to make it to just after midnight! Only just though :)
Been on the couch all morning watching movies, but about to head to the beach for a swim. Happy New Year!

Moutaineer

Postby Moutaineer » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:01 am

Had a very nice dinner and are now sitting in front of the fire watching Foyles War with a good brandy.

My idea of fun is not being out and about on wintery roads with a bunch of amateur drunks.

Happy New Year to all of you lovely people!

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:19 am

Working. Just watched the ball drop in Times Square. Happy New Year

greenholmeshandy
Novice

Postby greenholmeshandy » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:41 am

Happy New year, I'm just up after a lie in and off to do horsey. A very quiet New year night for me as oh working, so watched London's fallen on net flicks then late night due to random fireworks from all the neighbours.
formerly UDBB user known as Brychensmum

amygdala
Herd Member

Postby amygdala » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:48 pm

the holidays are over-- i'm celebrating!

westisbest
Herd Member

Postby westisbest » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:46 pm

We had our now trad seafood supper a pot of mussles then some raw NB oysters on the half shell.. my SO had an emerg small stitch up to do this am (he's a dental surgeon) so champagne is still on ice. It's been snowing a ton here. We are planning on heading out to a village half hour away for dinner it's a german restaurant with a fireplace so should be beautiful out there. Happy New Year to all.

Mareless
Herd Member

Postby Mareless » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:08 pm

Had all four of my kids plus the two grandchildren here last night for a sleepover full of food, games and fun. I think everyone was in bed by 1:30 a.m.

Slept in, had breakfast and now I'm about to head off for a riding lesson. Dh and sons are going to spend the day making about 80 pounds of sausage for the freezer: Polish, Italian, chorizo and smoked kielbasa.

Canyon
500 post plus club

Postby Canyon » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:23 pm

We had two other couples here for NYE. They brought appetizers, salad and dessert; DH smoked a turkey; I made bacon-wrapped dates, stuffing muffins, green beans amandine, sliced oven roasted potatoes, rustic loaf, chutney, and cranberry sauce. We amazingly made it to 1:30 am. More telling is that the shiatsu shoulder massager I got for Christmas was the big hit of the evening; yes, we are all getting old!

VBOpie
Herd Member

Postby VBOpie » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:03 am

Instead of going out last night, DH and I opted to wait until today to drive up the road to Colonial Williamsburg and have an early afternoon lunch at Chownings Tavern. Beautiful afternoon (sunny, 55 degrees) - which was good because Chownings doesn't take reservations, and we had to wait outdoors for about 45 minutes before we were seated. Lots of people & dogs outdoors enjoying the colonial capital, so we had fun people watching while we waited. Happy New Year everyone!

Kyra's Mom
500 post plus club

Postby Kyra's Mom » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:46 pm

I had a similarly exciting :roll: evening. I did do some time on my rowing machine then did some wash and went to bed (a little earlier for me). I climbed into bed about 11:55 so I turned it to one of our local channels and watched the Glowtato (a giant lighted potato--Idaho you know :lol: ) drop at MN. Then I read a few chapters of the second Dressage Chronicles novel (thanks Chancellor). Super exciting (not) but how I like it.

Susan
from susamorg on the UDBB

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:30 am

Happy new year!

Snork
Herd Member

Postby Snork » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:54 pm

You guys are WILD! We went for NYE dinner ... at 5pm, with a fake ball drop and everything at 6:30pm, home by 8, in bed by 9 and next thing i know I was making cinnamon bun wreath for the first breakfast of the New Year.

Life with children :P

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”