Ariel went on walk about

PaulaO
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Ariel went on walk about

Postby PaulaO » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:19 pm

Actually, run about. :shock: Tuesday somebody (probably a boarder) didn't latch the gate and Miss A. and her friends did a running tour of the farm. Fortunately the farm is way off the road and they stayed in the back. They ran to the pasture boarded horses, decided that wasn't interesting, then ran around and finally found a large patch of grass. Ariel and another mare were the ringleaders. Thank goodness there weren't any injuries, and Brad (BM) hopped in the golf cart and they were rounded up after about 2 minutes.

I rode Tuesday night and thought she seemed a bit tired.

KathyK

Re: Ariel went on walk about

Postby KathyK » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:11 pm

Walkabouts can wear a girl out! Never a dull moment with Miss A, eh?

Srhorselady
Herd Member

Postby Srhorselady » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:09 am

This seems to be the week for walkabouts! My Mariano who is ALWAYS a perfect gentleman with excellent manners was being a little pushy and rushy when I was returning him to his stall. He knew his food was waiting. Anyway I made him stop, backup, and walk politely with me and boy did it piss him off. When we got to the stall I casually removed his halter (not following the approved method) and as usual he spun around and headed for his feed tub, like usual. NOT! The littl/big bugger went straight out the gate leaving me there holding the halter with my mouth open. Then he proceeded to play keep away, at a walk, stopping occasionally to grab luscious green weeds when I was a step back. Then he decided to capriole down the barn aisle to see who he could stir up. Then it was galloping thunder, all 1400 lbs of him. I'd had it. I went into the feed room and got a can of pellets and shook them. Immediately he was trying to fit his big muzzle into the small coffee can. I didn't touch him and walked into his stall and dumped them in his feeder. He was in the stall chowing down in 2 seconds. Guess who is now unhaltering the horses in the approved method facing the closed but not latched gate.. Mariano is a good teacher!

KathyK

Postby KathyK » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:52 am

I will always remember catching, from the corner of my eye, my horse crawling under his stall guard and then, too dumbfounded to react, watching him trot down the barn aisle to the great outdoors. They are characters, that's for sure!

TeresaA
Herd Member

Postby TeresaA » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:29 pm

That's what gives us grey hairs!! Glad that it all was fine.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”