I am not a fan

Amado
Herd Member

I am not a fan

Postby Amado » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:17 pm

Of the new look on the chronicle forums. :| Wonder why they changed. It's hard to read.

Quelah
Herd Member

Re: I am not a fan

Postby Quelah » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:34 am

Ditto.

WheresMyWhite
500 post plus club

Postby WheresMyWhite » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:58 am

TOB has made many improvements in both readability and fixing bugs and issues since the switch to the new board software was implemented.

Frankly, I think it's readable and I like some of the functionality better. I do miss the ignore and hope the software software developers get it fixed (this isn't a TOB issue).

No, I don't read it on a phone or tablet and don't plan on doing so in the future. :)

Kyra's Mom
500 post plus club

Postby Kyra's Mom » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:46 am

I am figuring it out but I don't like that if you have a multi-page thread going, you have to either go through each page or scroll to the bottom to say go to page 6. If I have been following a thread, I just want to go to the newest posts...now...not after scrolling or 4 or 5 keystrokes.

The ads in the middle of threads are a pain but I certainly understand the necessity.

It is change and new and improved :?:

Susan
from susamorg on the UDBB

WheresMyWhite
500 post plus club

Postby WheresMyWhite » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:27 pm

KM, you can go to the last post (I'd have to look quick to see exactly where it is).

Or, what I do, is when I've read the forum, I go to the bottom and click the Mark Channel as Read (or whatever it says). Next time I come back, I click on first unread and go right to where I want.

Perhaps a bit more cumbersome but on the other hand, I get to say when I've read the forum and want to update the "Read" stamp. And, it's forum by forum. With the old software, once you read one forum it updated the read timestamp for all forums. Now if I am short on t time, I can read one forum and update the read timestamp but leave the other forums alone and their timestamp doesn't change. I like that :)

WheresMyWhite
500 post plus club

Postby WheresMyWhite » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:01 pm

PS. If there are questions, concerns, issues with TOB, then probably best addressed there rather than here :)

I am more than sure the COTH Mod1 doesn't come here to chase problems.

There is a Help forum with a number of topics including how to do things, people reporting problems, asking how to do things, etc.

I've seen similar concerns to yours, and believe that they have been answered although maybe not to your satisfaction.

Not sure why COTH chose to change their BB software. That might be an interesting question to ask on TOB and see what the answer is.

AirsAboveNC
Novice

Postby AirsAboveNC » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:22 pm

My hard drive hates it and it slows everything down.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”