Fashion faux pas, or how I realized that I am dressed like a pirate...

Racetrackreject
500 post plus club

Fashion faux pas, or how I realized that I am dressed like a pirate...

Postby Racetrackreject » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:03 pm

I arrived at work today, saw my reflection in the office door, and thought to myself "Good Lord, I look like a pirate". It's not even dress like a pirate day or anything.

I then asked someone if I looked like I was dressed as a pirate and they said yes.... I sent a photo to the SO and he said, "could definitely be a pirate, but could be a jockey too".

For those wondering, black over the knee boots, grey skinny jeans, and a greyish teal peasant-y blouse should not be worn together unless it IS dress like a pirate day.

Someone make me feel better by telling me their biggest fashion faux pas. I'm not talking about wearing sweats to the grocery store, or breeches to grab some food, I'm talking about legitimate I wore a velour track suit to what turned out to be a black tie wedding sort of deals. Or, for example, that time you wore a white blouse and a white bra, only to go to the restroom and remove your jacket to find that it is all see-through. Thankfully I had worn the jacket all day!!

Chancellor
Site Admin

Re: Fashion faux pas, or how I realized that I am dressed like a pirate...

Postby Chancellor » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:25 pm

Just tell everyone it IS dress like a pirate day and where is their pirate costume...

Feder
Greenie

Postby Feder » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:27 pm

Haha! My first laugh of the day.

I used to work in an apparel company and was made fun of a lot. I guess I took some chances and they didn't all turn out. My favorite was the day I wore a long black skirt, plain top and because I had just walked in was wearing brown hiking boots (was about to change shoes). One VP told me I looked like I was wearing a table cloth and a different one said "if you were in LA people would think you are famous for pulling that off". After that I stopped caring!

Rhianon
Herd Member

Postby Rhianon » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:33 pm

I thought it would be fun to wear a full skirt and straw hat to the local fall fair. Not one. Not two. But three different people asked me if I was in costume for the parade.

Tulsa
Greenie

Postby Tulsa » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:36 pm

In a rush over the summer I changed out of riding clothes into a yellow skirt and royal blue top. Grabbed an apple on the way out the door. Yup, I was inadvertently Snow White, complete with props.

chantal
500 post plus club

Postby chantal » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:37 pm

Can't really tell without a picture... :twisted:

SnowHorse
Herd Member

Postby SnowHorse » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:55 pm

Well, let me see.....

When I was about 5, my uncle got married at my grand parent's house, and since it was in the summer, I got hot and went to swim in the pool. I *did* have a beautiful, embroidered with butterflies, baby blue dress, but for the wedding photo that everyone was included in - I was in my bikinis.....

Yeah me :|

:D
Face masks! Bandanas! Posters, mugs, cards etc - http://www.zazzle.com/okiepony/products -- Horses, cats, butterflies, Hummingbirds, quotes, sillies, patterns - everything!

Racetrackreject
500 post plus club

Postby Racetrackreject » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:06 pm

LOL! These are great.

No photo. I took one for the SO and that was bad enough. =P

I love the Snow White with props.

Idofly
Greenie

Postby Idofly » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:07 pm

I had a late evening riding session with a BNT who was doing a clinic here. I had already changed into my riding clothes when our groups Director grabbed me as I headed out the door for a "quick" meeting about a supplier "situation." Thanks for telling me a VP was in that meeting.

Since I wanted to look slimmer while riding I was in all black...only thing missing was my helmet/gloves to complete the outfit because I had the spurs. The next day I had someone from another department ask me if I was "kinky."

Sue from Auckland
Greenie

Postby Sue from Auckland » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:40 pm

Going to a getting to know you lunch at company I was being head-hunted to (fortunately by people who had been in company I was currently at) and realising I had left and right shoes from 2 different pairs. Fortunately, they were both black courts and not that different, so no-one noticed. EXCEPT, me being me, I told everyone anyway :)

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”