A great day is...

Sue B
Bringing Life to the DDBB

A great day is...

Postby Sue B » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:56 pm

Stopping by the music store with 14yr old son to get him slide grease for his french horn and leaving with an Elton John songbook for piano that he HAD to have, and then getting home where he immediately sat down at piano to work on some of his fav's. When dh got home a little while later, ds had by then fallen asleep in a chair (lol) and so I headed out to ride in the hot, muggy evening. Both horses were so much fun to ride, even the wb who usually complains about heat, and so I walked back in the house caked in sweat just as the sun was setting, to find ds washing dishes and dh cooking dinner! :D :D :D :D Nothing beats a day like that.

chantal
500 post plus club

Re: A great day is...

Postby chantal » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:16 pm

Having 3 kids with jobs, 2 just graduated, one from high school,one from college. I rode early this morning (mountain bike today, horse yesterday), have a little quiet time right now and a date planned with hubby later, a drink on the deck in this spectacular weather by the chiminea. Lots of work too, but good stuff. I'm finally getting a little time to breathe. It's a good day.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:18 pm

Sounds great Sue!

It was nice finally getting to meet you yesterday, sorry you didn't have time to stick around and watch Pickle work.
Keep calm and canter on.

Sue B

Postby Sue B » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:06 pm

Thanks sf, it was great meeting you as well. Pickle is a lovely mare and I so very much wanted to see her work; alas I had to go "work" the 4H kids and their dogs. Let me know next time you come and maybe I'll get to see her work!

Chantal, sounds like a lovely day. With work, a teenager and two 86 year old moms to tend, breathing isn't on my list yet, but I look forward to the day!

chantal
500 post plus club

Postby chantal » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:23 pm

Oh, still have 2 teenagers. I consider the 21 yo a teenager too at times...

I'm just appreciating the moment to breathe. I know it won't last. It's been a crazy couple of years (life??).

I hear you on caring for your moms, and I'll send you strength. Our mom's split the difference by almost 20 years, my parents were much older. My mom passed at 93 a year and a half or so ago and DH's parents are young enough at 78 for now. That stage is not easy, went through it with both of my parents.

And gosh, having men in the kitchen is awesome!!

KathyK

Postby KathyK » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:10 pm

Having two wonderful friends give me a birthday gift of two lessons with my former instructor to kick-start me back into riding (after two years out of the saddle) when I retire at the end of the month. I'm a lucky girl!

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:28 pm

Being in Ireland with my good friend, and visiting the Irish National Stud.

Rosie B
500 post plus club

Postby Rosie B » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:50 pm

Spending a wonderful day in the sun with my two beautiful boys, my good friend, and her lovely children... coming home and having supper all ready, playing some more with my boys and hubby, and then putting the boys to bed and having a fantastic ride as the sun gets low, followed by hacking along the driveway and watching the hare graze on our lawn. :)

Sue B

Postby Sue B » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:37 pm

RosieB, yessssssss. :D :D :D

PaulaO< strange thing is that ds announced the other day that he would like to go to Ireland for his HS graduation! (He's only 14 so he may change his mind by then.) I love Ireland and would be very pleased to take him.

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:55 am

Sue B. you should go. Ireland is wonderful.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”