My next step

Mareless
Herd Member

My next step

Postby Mareless » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:47 pm

Hopefully in mid-July, after I get back from vacation, my gelding will be going to a new home with a teenager to love and have fun with him. The Grandma is doing the shopping, and I have talked extensively with her. Only thing left is for the teenager to take a trial ride; just couldn't get all three of our schedules to mesh this week to get that done (DH and I leave Monday for vacation).

Meanwhile, I have a lease lined up on a 3rd level schoolmaster. His owner also boards where I do, and she isn't going to have time to work him regularly. She has been kind enough to let me ride him several times (including a few lessons with my trainer) to see if we get along. So far, it seems like a good match, and I have signed a six month lease on him, beginning when I get back from vacation. :D

He is a 17yr old, 18hh Holsteiner. The mare I had for 14 years (and put down in Dec 2015) was a Holsteiner with some of the same bloodline. Until I got on this big boy, I didn't realize how much I missed riding a warmblood.

VBOpie
Herd Member

Re: My next step

Postby VBOpie » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:11 am

Fingers crossed this works out for you. It sounds like a perfect situation! Let us know how it all plays out - oh, and pictures, too :)

LeoApp
Herd Member

Postby LeoApp » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:53 am

ooh nice! How exciting! Keep us posted on your adventures!

Sunshine2Me
Herd Member

Postby Sunshine2Me » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:58 pm

18 hh? He's a big boy! Sounds like you'll have fun with him!

Kyra's Mom
500 post plus club

Postby Kyra's Mom » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:28 pm

Congrats on the moves...they all sound like they were meant to be...and don't get a nose bleed up there :shock: .

Susan
from susamorg on the UDBB

PaulaO
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby PaulaO » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:45 am

Of course we require pictures of this big boy!

Mareless
Herd Member

Postby Mareless » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Photos! I apologize that they are so huge. Took me forever to get them on here; couldn't make it work directly from my phone.

This was my first ride on him. I am 5'7", with long legs; it's nice to be able to fit my entire leg on his barrel, LOL. Won't have to worry about pulling my heels up in order to touch him with spurs.

Can barely fit all of him in the picture 8-) (a normal 12'x12' box stall, for reference, I'm standing outside the open door to get this much of him in the photo)

Such a sweet face

He has been trained and shown to 3rd Level, but it's been a few years since he was in the show ring, and he hasn't had to work quite to that level recently. Getting him motivated and going is quite a workout for me, but that's part of the appeal: he's a fitness/weight loss program and a learning opportunity all rolled into one! :lol: Really, he's a giant puppy dog, lazy kind of horse, which makes his enormous size feel not intimidating at all.

piedmontfields
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby piedmontfields » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:54 pm

You look great on your handsome new partner! Hope you have lots of fun together and share more updates.

Anne
Herd Member

Postby Anne » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:44 am

What a good opportunity for you, he looks like an awesome partner. Good luck in your work together, and please keep us updated. He does have a sweet face!

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”