Jillian Kreinbring biomechanics class

StraightForward
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Jillian Kreinbring biomechanics class

Postby StraightForward » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:07 am

It looks like I'm going to go to her class in Sherwood, Oregon at the end of August. Has anyone been? She has worked with Manolo Mendez, whose videos I've enjoyed and techniques I've used.

I'm hoping it will be beneficial to me since I trim my own and current horse came to me with an underdeveloped and stiff left haunch, and has a high-low thing going on.

In the meantime, hopefully it will be a catalyst to actually reading and studying the "Bomechanics and Physical Training of the Horse" book that I've been using as a mousepad and sleep aid.
Keep calm and canter on.

silk
500 post plus club

Re: Jillian Kreinbring biomechanics class

Postby silk » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:16 am

Do it do it do eeeeeeeeetttttt. Jilly is GREAT. And when you see her please give her a humoungous hug from Helen the kiwi ;) She puts things into layman's terms so it is very easy to understand. GREAT sense of humour, to boot ;)
I travelled to Aus to go to her Biomechanics course, because when I was in the States with Peggy, Jill was moving cross country and the timing did not work out.

khall

Postby khall » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:00 pm

Love Jillian! She also worked with Mark Russell and Peggy Cummings. Learned under Hilary Clayton as well. She is great to ride with too!! Wonderful eye. Glad you get the chance to learn from her. I ride with her next November here in GA.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:12 pm

Cool, glad you both enjoyed her classes so much! Yes, I'm hoping to have a chance to do one of the clinics if the opportunity comes up, so it will be good to have this prerequisite in my back pocket.
Keep calm and canter on.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:14 pm

khall wrote:Love Jillian! She also worked with Mark Russell and Peggy Cummings. Learned under Hilary Clayton as well. She is great to ride with too!! Wonderful eye. Glad you get the chance to learn from her. I ride with her next November here in GA.

silk wrote:Do it do it do eeeeeeeeetttttt. Jilly is GREAT. And when you see her please give her a humoungous hug from Helen the kiwi ;) She puts things into layman's terms so it is very easy to understand. GREAT sense of humour, to boot ;)
I travelled to Aus to go to her Biomechanics course, because when I was in the States with Peggy, Jill was moving cross country and the timing did not work out.

Would you recommend any specific pre-work to get more out of the lectures? I have a month to prepare.
Keep calm and canter on.

khall

Postby khall » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:32 pm

I would not think so. When I did Jillian's biomechanics course 2013 she had wonderful handouts that went along with the lecture. She will have slides and she should have partial skeleton as teaching tools that really are helpful in the learning process. I know she is always updating her lecture as she learns even more but I am sure she is still as thorough now as then.

I hope to host her here for a biomechanics lecture (middle GA) and lessons next year (I hope I am still on the list!!) and want to have her for clinics as well. Her schedule is very busy as she has become "discovered" by those wanting to learn more about correct biomechanics work. So happy for Jillian! Now to get her here.

silk
500 post plus club

Postby silk » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:28 pm

No, nothing specific. You'll learn heaps no matter what level you are at.
I can't say anything in particular should be "prep", as I had done a lot of biomechanics prior to her class, incl masses with Peggy, some with Manolo and Dr Kerry Ridgway, some with Sharon May-Davis... Oh and trimming ;) But I don't think it matters, just go and absorb and learn. You will love it.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:19 am

Jillian was very happy to "hear" from you, Helen!

I learned a ton and am really glad I went. It helped me put a lot of the pieces together on what's going on with Annabelle. I think I was on the right track, but will make some adjustments based on what I learned. Overall it was fascinating and well worth the time and money. Definitely recommend if you get the chance!
Keep calm and canter on.

silk
500 post plus club

Postby silk » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:38 pm

Awesome! I love learning about what makes horses tick, because then I understand why I should or shouldn't do certain things.

Glad you enjoyed it :)

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”