Melania's shoes?

goneriding
Herd Member

Melania's shoes?

Postby goneriding » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:00 pm

Is anyone else disturbed by the intensity of attention paid to Melania Trump's wardrobe? So what if she wore stilletos to a hurricane zone, or stepped off the plane in Puerto Rico in hiking boots? It is nothing but sexism that anyone thinks this matters. As the president's wife she can expect to be in the media, but when will it matter what she DOES, not what she WEARS?

Angfreda
Herd Member

Re: Melania's shoes?

Postby Angfreda » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:17 pm

goneriding wrote:Is anyone else disturbed by the intensity of attention paid to Melania Trump's wardrobe? So what if she wore stilletos to a hurricane zone, or stepped off the plane in Puerto Rico in hiking boots? It is nothing but sexism that anyone thinks this matters. As the president's wife she can expect to be in the media, but when will it matter what she DOES, not what she WEARS?

When she actually DOES something, or does something worth noting?
I would love to see someone from this admin do something that could be heralded. Anything!

That's the world today, people talk. IF you give them nothing positive [ie your actions] to talk about they will pic apart your clothes.
Then again BO got flack for the tan suit and the mom jeans, so I guess even if you do positive things....
And don't even get me started on all Michelle did, how accomplished she is in so many areas and how she was treated and her clothing choices maligned.

Is it right? No.
It just is.
Last edited by Angfreda on Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goneriding
Herd Member

Postby goneriding » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:22 pm

No, I was not suggesting she has done anything noteworthy lol. I think she has done less than any "first lady" in my lifetime in terms of using her platform to impact society. Unless you count keeping people riled up about fashion choices.

PaulaO
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby PaulaO » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:03 pm

I am on self-imposed news ban so I haven't heard or read any kerfuffle about her shoes. Who cares what she wears? It does not matter.

heddylamar
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby heddylamar » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:57 pm

It really bothers me that people can be so mean and petty. Personally, I’d cripple myself — break an ankle ... neck — walking in her normal shoes, so when I see her walking there’s a bit of awe. But Melania seems comfortable.

It’s become a sport and echoes the criticism of Michelle’s clothing choices all over again. Frankly, this judgmental crap is not useful. There are other, far more important things, to criticize than her wardrobe choices.

Angfreda
Herd Member

Postby Angfreda » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:31 pm

goneriding wrote:No, I was not suggesting she has done anything noteworthy lol. I think she has done less than any "first lady" in my lifetime in terms of using her platform to impact society. Unless you count keeping people riled up about fashion choices.

I think I was unclear with what I was saying in my first sentence.
I was answering what you wrote that I have now highlighted in blue....

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”