Costume contest for horse and rider

Racetrackreject
500 post plus club

Costume contest for horse and rider

Postby Racetrackreject » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:02 pm

I sponsored the costume contest at a local Playday series this past weekend and some of these guys were pretty creative, so I thought I would share some of the photos.

The Pinata won, the Wizard of Oz was second, and the little gypsy was People's Choice.

Hayburner
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Costume contest for horse and rider

Postby Hayburner » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:24 am

Very creative, they all great! I'd bet I thought was a fun day for everyone. The horses look so relaxed!

texsuze
500 post plus club

Postby texsuze » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:05 am

That pinata is hilarious! Love it when folks aren't afraid to decorate the equines! One time I went as a doctor, wearing scrubs, bonnet, booties, mask. I attached syringes (minus needles, of course) to my gelding's mane and he too wore a surgical bonnet. Lots of fun!

PaulaO
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby PaulaO » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:10 pm

They are all winners. How fun and creative!

Racetrackreject
500 post plus club

Postby Racetrackreject » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:05 pm

texsuze wrote:That pinata is hilarious! Love it when folks aren't afraid to decorate the equines! One time I went as a doctor, wearing scrubs, bonnet, booties, mask. I attached syringes (minus needles, of course) to my gelding's mane and he too wore a surgical bonnet. Lots of fun!

This is a great idea!! I'll have to remember it for next year.

Thank you. It was a really fun class, and I'm already thinking about sponsoring it again next year. This was my 2nd year to be a sponsor and it was just so much fun. The winners won photo packages and, of course, treats.

WheresMyWhite
500 post plus club

Postby WheresMyWhite » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:23 pm

This looked so much fun for both you and the participants :D

I'd also vote for the piñata for first...

Have to admit a bit of a :shock: at the young lady standing in her stirrups with no helmet :)

Also liked your watermark; can't miss it. I struggle with making it big in an attempt to deter snitchers or just leave it small and hope at least I get some credit :) :)

Racetrackreject
500 post plus club

Postby Racetrackreject » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:11 pm

WheresMyWhite wrote:This looked so much fun for both you and the participants :D

I'd also vote for the piñata for first...

Have to admit a bit of a :shock: at the young lady standing in her stirrups with no helmet :)

Also liked your watermark; can't miss it. I struggle with making it big in an attempt to deter snitchers or just leave it small and hope at least I get some credit :) :)

That is my friend's daughter and she was a "trick rider" for the costume contest. It's a western culture thing I've found, to not wear helmets although people are starting to do it some.

Thanks. That HUGE watermark was because I put those on Facebook. I'm doing a smaller one in my galleries. Like this-

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”