Ariel models her new bridle

PaulaO
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Ariel models her new bridle

Postby PaulaO » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:34 pm

Taken from my cell phone so not the best. Here is Miss A. in her new Bobby's bridle, and her (formerly Bob's) dressage saddle. I was hesitant about a black bridle on a chestnut but the popular opinion at the barn is she looks great.

ariel bridle.jpg
ariel bridle.jpg (124.41 KiB) Viewed 6822 times

Ryeissa

Re: Ariel models her new bridle

Postby Ryeissa » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:16 pm

I have black tack on my chestnut pinto... looks great! :)

Sunshine2Me
Herd Member

Postby Sunshine2Me » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:18 pm

I LOVE it! It looks beautiful. I have black for my chestnut as well!

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:30 pm

Looks nice! Are you happy with the fit and quality? Is there a name for the Bobby's "line" that you went with? I'm casually looking for a hunter bridle for Annabelle so she can look snappy doing X-rail classes this winter. :P

Both of my chestnuts wear black. Pickle is a much lighter chestnut with chrome and a lot of flaxen in her mane and tail, and I'd love to do chocolate brown tack with her, but my BC Vinici fits her like a glove and they are $$$$, so I don't think I'll be getting her a new one just to change colors. Annabelle is a darker chestnut with less chrome and I think the black is very flattering.
Keep calm and canter on.

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:43 pm

I love this bridle. It's from the Signature line. I bought it off eBay from rockhorseranchtack. Nancy carries a lot of Bobby's tack. The leather is soft, but a little stiff. I bought a cob size and it fits Miss A. perfectly. The noseband is on the first hole, but once the leather supples I'm sure I can move it to the second hole. I really wanted Bobby's tack because measurements are provided. No guessing as to horse, pony, cob, warmblood.

demi

Postby demi » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:24 pm

Love the whole picture! Just love it!

Canyon
500 post plus club

Postby Canyon » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:50 pm

The new bridle (and black saddle) look great on her, and you two look great together!

Thanks for posting the photo.

Red's Mom
Novice

Postby Red's Mom » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:19 am

I bought a Bobby's bridle a couple years ago off eBay. It was supposedly the higher end for quality, but the dye started to wear off immediately, and I would not buy another one. I bought a Heritage bridle off eBay for my 12 hand pony and love the quality of leather and craftsmanship. I hope I can find one in horse size when I buy my 4 year old a new bridle. At this point, he still tries to suck/chew the reins whenever he can. So I will wait for him to stop doing that before I buy a new bridle.

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:25 pm

Heritage is great, Red's mom. I have been using them for a couple of years as schooling bridles- you can definitely find them around. I also have dark brown/no flash, so there are many options.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”