ISO Free Lease - NW Washington State

highoctane
Herd Member

ISO Free Lease - NW Washington State

Postby highoctane » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:59 pm

Not sure this thread goes in this section...admin, please move if it doesn't belong here!

After 17 years of riding Hi-Oc, and dealing with his temper tantrums, I think I'm done. Meaning, I'm getting too old for his isht. I had a horrid ride yesterday, following a horrid ride on Sunday. This is not the first time I've wanted to throw in the towel, and I know it's not the last. I just want to ride and not have to worry about getting dumped at E (his letter of choice for shoulder scooting).

Selling/rehoming/euthanizing him aren't options for me, and since I can't afford a second horse, I'm hoping someone in my area (Arlington, WA), needs someone to ride their horse 1-2x a week. Do these people/horses exist? I'm not sure how to go about doing this though. Should I put an ad out on Craigslist and Facebook? Obviously, sign a contract of some sort? Since I can't afford to pay anything, I'm not sure how to protect myself. I've never leased before. Thoughts & experiences (and leads!) are very much appreciated!!

Tuffytown
Herd Member

Re: ISO Free Lease - NW Washington State

Postby Tuffytown » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:05 pm

You know there are a couple here you are free to ride. One spotted gelding would benefit greatly from dressage work.

StraightForward
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: ISO Free Lease - NW Washington State

Postby StraightForward » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:06 pm

Facebook would be a good idea - I'd try the local horse-related groups.
Keep calm and canter on.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”