Great blanket sale - if you have a big or small horse especially!

StraightForward
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Great blanket sale - if you have a big or small horse especially!

Postby StraightForward » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:36 pm

http://www.netequestrian.com/

I am restraining myself :lol: Lots of mid and heavy blankets under $89.99. Free shipping on orders over $100. I've purchased from them before and have been really happy. It's kind of slim pickings in the 75-81" blankets, but might still be worth taking a look.
Keep calm and canter on.

piedmontfields

Re: Great blanket sale - if you have a big or small horse especially!

Postby piedmontfields » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:52 am

Those are some great deals if you can find the right sizes. After getting Rambos, I do not want anything else!

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:00 pm

Straightforward - I got their email about the sale too - I was tempted but your right not a lot left in the 75-8 range. I have bought from them in the past and never had a problem.

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:03 pm

I too LOVE my Rambo's - that's pretty much all that I have for them. I did buy a heavy weight Amigo for my retiree and it fits a bit better than his Rambo (which we gave to his smaller "sister"). He's got a hay belly and the Amigo covers it more than a Rambo. Maybe because the Amigo's are a bit boxer.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:13 pm

It's funny, I just sold a Rambo because I was underwhelmed with the quality for a $400 blanket and it did not have shoulder gussets. I LOVE the Shires Stormcheetas, which Obie and Annabelle have in the heavyweight (on sale for around $120). I was most tempted to get one of those for Pickle, but the neck cover ones weren't available in her size. I bought A a 1680D medium weight Weatherbeeta from NetEquestrian this spring, and think it's nicer than the Rambo too, for 1/3 the price (on super sale).

Obie wears an 84, which are often available on deep discount, but he has like 5 blankets and he's retired, so I have to remind myself not to buy him anything.
Keep calm and canter on.

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:09 pm

I really like the fit of wug-type Rambos for my mare. Also, they continue to hold up well (with a lot of use and rolling).

Kyra's Mom
500 post plus club

Postby Kyra's Mom » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:05 am

Oh boy...I am going to try Kyra nekkid this winter. She already has a wardrobe but when blankets are that inexpensive...it is almost easier to buy a new one than wash the old one :P :shock: . But I shall resist and use what she has IF I need them.

I am not actively riding right now. My parents are taking large chunks of time so I figure if I can do our groundwork, it will be on my days off and then I have time to groom...or don't need to since she isn't being saddled. Talk about lazy owners :roll: .
We will see how it goes. If she drops weight or I catch her shivering a lot, I can break out last years blankets (providing she doesn't mind being seen in last year's fashions :lol:).

Susan
from susamorg on the UDBB

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”