What is your opinion about this?

Angfreda
Herd Member

Re: What is your opinion about this?

Postby Angfreda » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:52 pm

amygdala wrote:i say Excuse Me a lot --tone of voice varies-- and i smile a lot; imo, no one really wants to be there, and we're all in the same boat/trolley/cart/buggy. and some of the best cashierline conversations have been with someone i initially saw as REALLY irritating.

and i'm with literiding-- those in aisle displays are annoying. i'm now tempted to take a page from chancellor, and add stuff to those displays!

Ask Chisamba, I am all of 5' nothing tall.
Teeny.

I HATE when the store 'arranges' their shelves so they look neat by pulling ONE of each item to the front of the shelf regardless of the mayhem behind it.

I reach for a box of cereal WAY up there, barely able to reach it and need a second box... but the second box is about 5 box depths back, cause they just neatened the shelves by pulling ONE of each item to the front.
WHY???!!!
Why not just RESTOCK, or pull ALL of the items forwards?
In fact, if you do the latter I will buy MORE... cause I can reach the second box I wanted.

I daydream about walking along and tapping everything back to where the next item is... and un-neatening it. :evil:

And yeah I almost knocked over one of those flimsy, cardboard displays sitting at the end of an aisle, partly in the path..... I'm sorely tempted to let it all fall next time.

Angfreda
Herd Member

Postby Angfreda » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:54 pm

boots-aregard wrote:
kande50 wrote:
orono wrote:Yikes, i'm a cart abandoner! I should check for wayward items! I always go up and down the aisles in the same order, if I realize I forgot something I will often pull over, 'park' and run back to get the single item vs doing a U turn and taking the cart back and forth....

It's not as if we roll up all the windows and lock it and take the keys. Really, how hard is it to move a cart out of the way?

???Where, in a grocery store, is a cart "out of the way"? It's always in the way of something.

I park my cart in what I hope are "out of the way" spots when I'm in the produce area, and walk from apples to broccoli. But there is no bare wall against which one can settle a cart. Maybe I'm "in the way" of the most favorite thing! Kale!

I tend to park it in front of things no one really likes anyway... like Brussell Sprouts. :lol:

Moutaineer
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby Moutaineer » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:14 pm

I thought the grocery store would be Hell last night.

It sure was busy, and there was quite a bit of bad cart driving going on, because lots of mothers and daughters-home-for-the-Holidays too busy chatting and greeting to look where they were going. But amazingly, everyone was cheerful and courteous and forgiving.

There was even a fair amount of hilarity going on amongst the root vegetables.

I suspect Wednesday night will be an entirely different kettle of turkeys...

Josette

Postby Josette » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:19 pm

Angfreda - LOL! I'm also short at 5'2" and have the same issues with the tall shelves. So I climb them literally. I've done it in the tall freezer section too which was pleasant during the hot summer temps.

amygdala
Herd Member

Postby amygdala » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:55 pm

Josette wrote:Angfreda - LOL! I'm also short at 5'2" and have the same issues with the tall shelves. So I climb them literally. I've done it in the tall freezer section too which was pleasant during the hot summer temps.

:lol: :lol: me too! it's nice to know i'm not the only short person who climbs the shelves-- i finally said Screw Dignity and climbed.

Angfreda
Herd Member

Postby Angfreda » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:13 pm

Oh yes, climbing the shelves! I even had to hop up on the counter to reach something up high in a cabinet at home Thursday while cooking the feast.

I think I might be a bit off in my assumption that because I can do those things, I'm not as out of shape as I really am... *sigh*

orono
Herd Member

Postby orono » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:45 am

Moutaineer wrote:There was even a fair amount of hilarity going on amongst the root vegetables.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have become extra paranoid while shopping now too, noticing when people abandon carts, stop to chat, park sideways or take too long in front of a section trying to select an item. :shock:

kande50

Postby kande50 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:37 pm

orono wrote:
I have become extra paranoid while shopping now too, noticing when people abandon carts, stop to chat, park sideways or take too long in front of a section trying to select an item. :shock:

I haven't been to the grocery store yet, but am going to be extra careful about where I park my cart from now on. And I'm going to set up my go pro too, so I can see if anyone messes with my cart when I'm gone. ;-)

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:50 pm

A lorry used to be the name for a large. Low drawn wagon for moving big bulky items.

It was just applied to the same thing in mechanized form.

Racetrackreject
500 post plus club

Postby Racetrackreject » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:46 pm

The stores in my area are much like where Rockabilly lives, every aisle is a family reunion. There is much hugging and kissing and telling stories down every aisle it seems. I try to relegate my shopping for early in the morning or late in the evenings to get around it. lol

Rockabilly
Herd Member

Postby Rockabilly » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:03 pm

Racetrackreject wrote:The stores in my area are much like where Rockabilly lives, every aisle is a family reunion. There is much hugging and kissing and telling stories down every aisle it seems. I try to relegate my shopping for early in the morning or late in the evenings to get around it. lol

Thinking about this I would feel weird or out of place if I went grocery shopping and that's all anybody did there. Just shop. Some time ago I was shopping and at the frozen food section when a older lady there asked me a question. I answered and she started talking to me. I realized she was very lonely and needed someone to talk to so I spent about 30 minutes talking to her. As I was leaving with my cart she hugged me and kissed me like I was her long lost daughter. I have never forgotten that.

orono
Herd Member

Postby orono » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:02 pm

^What a lovely story Rockabilly, thanks for sharing.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”