Miss A.'s Christmas present/Black Friday

PaulaO
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Miss A.'s Christmas present/Black Friday

Postby PaulaO » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:56 pm

I've been jonesing for a sheepskin half pad for quite some time. Victory Canter has 10% of their prices with the promo code gobble, so I ordered Miss A. this https://www.victorycanter.com/Europa-Sh ... 68707.html

My plan is to use it directly on her back. I feel that is the right thing to do!

demi

Re: Miss A.'s Christmas present/Black Friday

Postby demi » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:36 pm

Lucky Miss A! Will you put a baby pad over it? I like the plain edging. Mine has a sheep skin roll all around so I think it would be too bulky to put under a baby pad, so I use it over a baby pad. I really like the idea of having it directly on her back, though.

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:29 am

I use Emi's sheepskin pads directly on her back. She approves. Some of this is how my saddle fits, of course. But admit that I only use them when she is fairly clean, so as to get a few uses out of them before washing!

p.s. I should confess that I did stain her black once with a vigorous workout and a new Lemieux pad. Still getting over that error! :lol:

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:54 am

I thought about a baby pad on top. I will have to see how it fits. I like the no rolls around the edges. I felt rolls might compromise the fit. She wears a sheet/blanket in the winter so stays relatively clean. Hopefully I won't have to wash the pad often!

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:07 pm

Now the discount is 15%!

avma
Greenie

Postby avma » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:42 pm

I always buy my sheepskin half pads from here: https://www.ultimatesheepskin.com/produ ... oll-black/ They’re a pretty good price for the quality. Mine have lasted as long as my Mattes half pad....so far. I like that they also have an option for a full saddle pad with fleece attached to it. I also put my sheepskin directly on my horse’s backs. I use a cat brush to brush it out after I ride, and then again before I put it on to get the last of the crusties off.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”