Best wine-of-the-month club?

Bip
Herd Member

Best wine-of-the-month club?

Postby Bip » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:45 pm

Last year I got DH a half year subscription to a Scotch-of-the-month club and he loved it. I’m not sure how to put this, but he likes pretentious, overly complicated things that kind of feel like school, and since each bottle came with a scotch lesson, he ate it up. He’s not a huge wine drinker, but when he dines with high powered lawyer types (he’s a patent lawyer), he often comes home talking about the great wine he had and he does know a little about wine. I was thinking about doing a wine-of-the-month club this year, but there seem to be many and I don’t know how to evaluate them. I know we have many wine lovers here, so I thought I would get your advice. I’m not sure what to say for price range. He won’t care if it’s extravagant, so I guess whatever level is like “wow, the wine at this level is really worth the extra”. Thank you!

Racetrackreject
500 post plus club

Re: Best wine-of-the-month club?

Postby Racetrackreject » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:51 pm

My boss did the wine of the month club from the Wallstreet Journal and he seemed to like it. Towards the end of the year, he complained that he received more duplicates in shipments than he had previously, so he canceled the subscription. He was signed up for the reds grouping.

Each shipment comes with cards telling you about the wines.

The first shipment is cheaper than the rest and it is on auto-renew.

https://wineclubreviews.net/wine_clubs/ ... eview.html

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”