Has anyone tried Hint Water?

Rockabilly
Herd Member

Has anyone tried Hint Water?

Postby Rockabilly » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:12 pm

I've been checking this water out and finally ordered a case of 12. That's the only way they came. I really hope this flavored water is good because it would be nice to have something that tastes good and with no calories. :)

Kyra's Mom
500 post plus club

Re: Has anyone tried Hint Water?

Postby Kyra's Mom » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:31 am

I just noticed some at the cafeteria at work. Kind of pricey for my blood ($1.70 for 20 oz) but it looks good and with no chemicals (artificial sweeteners) or sugar.

I just add an ounce or two of fruit juice to my 20 ounces of water. Yes...a few calories from the sugar but not that much.

I will wait for your report.

Susan
from susamorg on the UDBB

StraightForward
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby StraightForward » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:22 pm

During the winter, I've been carting around an insulated 30 oz cup with Celestial Seasonings herbal teas (b/c the tea bags don't have strings and staples, so nothing hanging out of the cup and easy to compost). I notice that I drink more this way when it's cold. I make kombucha and drink a lot of that during summer, but I think I'll try cold-brewing some herbal teas as well. I really like hibiscus and lemongrass. Nice to go through fewer single-use containers.
Keep calm and canter on.

dasher
Greenie

Postby dasher » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:25 pm

I have been drinking flavored seltzer water lately. I find it has just enough flavor without the sugar. I like the carbonation. It is sodium and calorie free. It quenches my thirst so I drink plenty. My local grocery store frequently has it on sale so I can get a 33 oz. bottle for about $.50.

Racetrackreject
500 post plus club

Postby Racetrackreject » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:38 pm

I've tried 2 flavors. Neither was really great for me, but I'm very picky and it could have just been the flavors- lime and watermelon (I think). I'm not a fan of watermelon but my officemate had purchased them to try, and while I do love lime, it just wanted the lime taste that I was looking for. This was several years ago though, so things could have changed.

My boss' wife did really like it.

Koolkat
500 post plus club

Postby Koolkat » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:20 pm

Water with a slice of lemon, lime, orange, etc. is pretty good and does not come in plastic. . . .

Sorry, one of my pulpits. :)

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:48 pm

I too am a fan of reusable containers and home flavored water

Canyon
500 post plus club

Postby Canyon » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:38 pm

I received a Brimma water infuser recently as a gift. Umm, I guess I need to use it a few times and report back!

Rockabilly
Herd Member

Postby Rockabilly » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:02 pm

Canyon wrote:I received a Brimma water infuser recently as a gift. Umm, I guess I need to use it a few times and report back!

Well, I think I need to look into this more. I'm looking for something that tastes good and also no calories. Plus being better for the environment. Thanks for posting!

Rockabilly
Herd Member

Postby Rockabilly » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:25 am

So the water came yesterday and I think it should be named Miniscule Water. It doesn't taste like regular water and yet it has a weird taste. Tastes nothing like pineapple, cherries or anything else. I'm not sure I'm even going to be able to drink it at all and I know I won't be buying anymore.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:03 pm

Rockabilly wrote:
Canyon wrote:I received a Brimma water infuser recently as a gift. Umm, I guess I need to use it a few times and report back!

Well, I think I need to look into this more. I'm looking for something that tastes good and also no calories. Plus being better for the environment. Thanks for posting!

This is what I use for my cold brew (coffee and tea). The filter is sort of like a membrane, not a mesh, so I don't think fruit would clog it. I'm sure it would work fine with citrus at least. They fit in the door of the fridge nicely. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I7JKAQ0/re ... 5174620071

I see they have this tea one now as well, but I think I prefer the first kind, because the sieve can be removed with the flavoring agent when it's infused to the level you want, but of course it's not portable. I might grab one of the tea bottles to take to the office.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B7XK1IU/re ... 3472843343
Keep calm and canter on.

Rockabilly
Herd Member

Postby Rockabilly » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:07 pm

So I've been looking for a fancy water to drink for awhile as you can see by my post and "Hint" is definitely not it, but I did find a brand called "Bubly" while I was grocery shopping this morning and not only is it a fraction of the cost of Hint, but it tastes good too!

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”