Life is stressful...thank you

Sue B
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Life is stressful...thank you

Postby Sue B » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:49 pm

As an active member of the double-decker sandwich generation, my life can be extremely stressful at times. Pile on springtime migraines and some mornings I just wish I could burrow under the blankets and ignore the day. However, almost every weekday morning, I check in here while dealing with whatever emails etc have come in since the day before. Just when I need a chuckle, someone invariably supplies me with one. So thank you straightforward for your post in the training thread...it made me lol. Also thank you Chancellor for resurrecting our little "home".

Anne
Herd Member

Re: Life is stressful...thank you

Postby Anne » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:02 pm

I find browsing this forum a good momentary escape from the stresses of life too, and I check in daily. I think there's a great community here, and I really appreciate reading everyone's training goals and progress over on the Training board, plus all the snippets of life and stuff here in the 'Lounge. Long may it last, and yep, sending out a big thanks to Chancellor! Also sending you jingles to heal your migraines Sue, I can't imagine being inflicted with headaches like that....

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:53 pm

Hope the bread in your sandwich eases up on your stress a bit

Moutaineer

Postby Moutaineer » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:50 pm

Yes, I also enjoy this little family and much appreciate it's presence.

Sue B, feel better soon. May spring bring some stress-free sunshine and outdoor time to us all!

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:18 pm

Glad you got a LOL out of that. It looks like nicer weather is headed to Idaho next week!
Keep calm and canter on.

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:54 pm

This is a nice place. I've pretty much given up FB, and ToB is just nasty. Here we give good advice and can deliver bad news with a smile.

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:11 pm

You guys have no idea how much this post has cheered me up today. Thank you!

demi

Postby demi » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:28 pm

I agree this is a nice place to be.

Abby Kogler
Herd Member

Postby Abby Kogler » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:55 pm

I don't often post but I read every day and love it here. Thanks to all of you. Sue, I have that tshirt and it is very wearing. There was a lot of comfort to me in just knowing that I was doing the right thing all around. It kept me going when I was just beat and now that those days are past I am so glad that I was able to do that duty. Hang in there.

Tarlo Farm
500 post plus club

Postby Tarlo Farm » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:14 am

I agree. It's not as lively as the old UDBB, but I sense a backlash against FB and a revival of more folks coming here.

Srhorselady
Herd Member

Postby Srhorselady » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:32 am

I'd like to echo Abby. Hang in there Sue. It is difficult, but in the long run you won't be sorry you accepted this responsibility. My Dad lived with me until I lost him at 86 two years ago Friday. I was lucky. He was mentally and physically active up to the last few weeks. I wasn't as lucky with Mom. She was in a Memory Care Facility for the last five years. Although she was out of state near my brother I visited every three to four months no matter how hard it was to arrange horse and small animal pet sitters and schedule work etc. I will never be sorry. I lost her four weeks ago at 88.

I also read this board almost daily. So many kind people who understand.

Kyra's Mom
500 post plus club

Postby Kyra's Mom » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:58 am

Me too.

Between my body that does not want to cooperate. Tailbone area is coming along. Still tender but heading in the right direction. BUT, in October, I hurt my back and it just isn't getting better. Well, it did calm down from initial presentation of horrible to the point of tears sciatica to just run of the mill feel it all the time sciatica that has to medicated with ibuprofen and acetaminophen at least twice a day to carry out day to day stuff. Oh joy, Dr. said to get an MRI and I have two bulging discs impinging on the nerve roots on the left side. I did start water physical therapy last week (already did the chiro and regular PT schtick) and that was the first time I have been able to exercise pain free. I am going to keep on with that until I get a referral to the neurosurgeon :P . I hope I can avoid surgery but I just passed the 5 month mark since it started. I had a previous popped disc like 25 years ago and I was doing great by 4 months with PT and massage. Of course I was 25 years younger :? . I was just looking forward to trying to get on my beast and at least start a walking program.

My elder care load was pretty heavy but my dear Dad passed away Friday morning. It was a blessing for him. I will miss him terribly but he was so miserable with so many maladies (dementia, diabetes, tremors, ischemic toes, advanced arthritis, etc, etc)...He was 88 and just worn out. Now it is just Mom. She is staying in their house for now. I will broach the subject of a different living arrangement in the future. Either with me or assisted living.

So, pretty much I have been riding vicariously through the UDBB and many are making such good progress so I also check in every day. And yes, thank you Chancellor.

Susan
from susamorg on the UDBB

Sunshine2Me
Herd Member

Postby Sunshine2Me » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:11 pm

Kyra's Mom (Susan)

I'm very sorry to hear about your father. I hope you find peace knowing he's no longer suffering.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:17 pm

Susan, sorry to hear about your dad; I hope your mom will make the adjustment and agree to moving soon.
Keep calm and canter on.

heddylamar

Postby heddylamar » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:41 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about your father, Susan.

Canyon
500 post plus club

Postby Canyon » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:38 pm

{{{Susan}}} Sorry to hear about your Dad. Even when you know it's for the best, it is still so hard.

Moutaineer

Postby Moutaineer » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:13 pm

I'm sorry, Susan. I'm just coming up to the anniversary of my Father's death, and even though it was a release for him too, it's hard for those of us left behind.

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:17 am

Susan, I’m so sorry about your dad. Peace be with you.

Kyra's Mom
500 post plus club

Postby Kyra's Mom » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:45 am

Thank you for all the condolences. Yes, I am so grateful he is no longer suffering.

SueB...didn't mean to hijack your thread but yes, this is the place to come for understanding and like I am doing, some vicarious riding.

Susan
from susamorg on the UDBB

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:58 pm

Thinking of you all during times of stress and loss!

Sue B

Postby Sue B » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:39 pm

Oh Susan, I'm so sorry about your dad. Yes, his struggles are over and he is at peace but that won't stop yo from missing him. (((HUGS)))

I just got back from a week of steelhead fishing with a long time friend, two of her goofy friends, and my son. just what the doctor ordered. i returned tired, sore and ready to face the world. :P

Again, thank you all--I mean it.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”