We rode to the outdoor tonight

PaulaO
Bringing Life to the DDBB

We rode to the outdoor tonight

Postby PaulaO » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:45 pm

Y’all know that I am not confident riding outside. Alexa has been trail riding Miss A. on Friday nights, and being young, nothing bothers her. That has given me confidence, along with trusting Ariel. We walked down the driveway to the outdoor and joined another rider. Ariel was looking around and I realized she isn’t going to do anything stupid. So I let her look and we wandered around. Rode back to the barn, worked on leg yields and me keeping my right elbow at my side. The whole ride was about 15 minutes but I’m so,proud of myself and my red head. :D

VBOpie
Herd Member

Re: We rode to the outdoor tonight

Postby VBOpie » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:44 am

PaulaO,
This is great news. Kudos to both Miss A and you. What a confidence builder this experience must have been Good for you being comfortable with Ariel looking around.

Tarlo Farm
500 post plus club

Postby Tarlo Farm » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:20 pm

You and your horse will learn to love a bit of trail riding!

Sunshine2Me
Herd Member

Postby Sunshine2Me » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:25 pm

That's awesome! Next time you'll feel even more confident!

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:41 pm

Great for the two of you!

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:02 pm

There is a track at the end of the property (used to be a TB training farm). The track disappears behind trees, goes by the neighbor's ranch (complete with chicken, goats, and horses), and for the most part is out of sight of the barn. My goal is to go around the track. It may take years, but I'm gonna do it!

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:51 pm

PaulaO wrote:There is a track at the end of the property (used to be a TB training farm). The track disappears behind trees, goes by the neighbor's ranch (complete with chicken, goats, and horses), and for the most part is out of sight of the barn. My goal is to go around the track. It may take years, but I'm gonna do it!

Yes! I bet if you take to walking that track with your redhead first, you'll both be ready in no time.

One of the nice features where I board is that there are many ways to "ride out" without being that far away from the arena or barns. Or, you can easily go a few miles from the barns if you like. It offers a lot of useful options for training.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”