Help me find my new horse!

KathyK
500 post plus club

Help me find my new horse!

Postby KathyK » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:29 pm

I’m in the market! Please help me find my new horse.

I’m a capable but older AA who rides with USDF Silver medalist and USDF certified trainer. I prefer a bit more go than whoa, but nothing ultra-powerful. I can handle a little temperament but no history of bucking, bolting, or unpredictable spooking.

Purchase budget is reasonable, mid-five figures tops. Prefer to look within a few hours’ drive of NE Ohio.

Looking for:
16 to 17hh, prefer at smaller end of that range
10 to 18 years old
Sane
At least Third level, with confirmed changes
Sound and able to pass PPE. Moderate maintenance is OK.

I don’t care about color. I’m not fond of Friesians or “Gypsy” horses, and while I would prefer a warmblood, I don’t care too much about breed.

Enablers, start your engines!

redsoxluvr
Herd Member

Re: Help me find my new horse!

Postby redsoxluvr » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:47 pm

I would go on the dressage horse FB groups as what you are looking for is pretty common. Noel Williams is selling several horses that meet your criteria in Dressage Horses for your Consideration- Weanlings to GP. Below are a few.

Alfonzo (Al), 17h 2004 Hanoverian gelding, Akatschi (Akzent II x Wenzel I) x Pas Seul, schooling 2nd/3rd, been there done that, AA's dream, athletic, quick learner, $35k*

Remington, 16.3h 2003 AWSSR gelding, Innkeeper x Consul, schooling PSG, exceptionally kind, steady, easy in the contact, excellent work ethic, AA friendly, $35k*

Furnace Brook (Furb), 17.3h 2010 KWPN gelding, Farrington x Vergilius, schooling 1st/2nd, talent for FEI, quality horse ideal for pro, AA, or Jr/Yr looking to bring up the levels, $55k*

KathyK
500 post plus club

Postby KathyK » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:08 am

Thank you! Alfonzo and Furb are not far enough along in their training, and even if Furb were confirmed third level, he's way too big. Remington is a possibility.

Snork
Herd Member

Postby Snork » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:43 pm

I have a friend with several sales horses, some in Europe and some already here. She might have something suitable, let me check.

This is her FB business page: https://www.facebook.com/sportwarmbloods

KathyK
500 post plus club

Postby KathyK » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:58 pm

Thanks, Snork! I looked at the FB page -- lots of quality horses. It would be great if she has or knows of something for me.

Snork
Herd Member

Postby Snork » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:43 pm

Kathy, I sent you a PM with contact details if you'd like to get in touch - they have a 10 year old coming this weekend to Chicago area that fits your list. I don't know much more than that except that he's very pretty, competed well in Europe at M level (3rd/4th) and expected to pass vetting. Image

piedmontfields
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby piedmontfields » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:54 am

My only suggestion to save time and travel money (and heartache) is to pre-vet before you try if the horse for sale does not have a current set of x-rays. Many horses in that price range do...but alas, many do not.

Have fun shopping!!

KathyK
500 post plus club

Postby KathyK » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:04 pm

Snork wrote:Kathy, I sent you a PM with contact details if you'd like to get in touch - they have a 10 year old coming this weekend to Chicago area that fits your list. I don't know much more than that except that he's very pretty, competed well in Europe at M level (3rd/4th) and expected to pass vetting. Image

We are in touch, and may go look at this horse soon!

Ponichiwa
Herd Member

Postby Ponichiwa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:08 pm

Hurray! Hope it works out-- that guy is a looker!

KathyK
500 post plus club

Postby KathyK » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:33 pm

The video is impressive, too! I can't believe how lucky I am to be even considering a horse like this.

Sunshine2Me
Herd Member

Postby Sunshine2Me » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:44 pm

I have a friend with sporthorses as well. I'm not sure what she currently has, but here is her page:

https://www.facebook.com/windmillfarmssporthorses/

KathyK
500 post plus club

Postby KathyK » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:14 pm

Sunshine2Me wrote:I have a friend with sporthorses as well. I'm not sure what she currently has, but here is her page:

https://www.facebook.com/windmillfarmssporthorses/

OMG those babies! It looks like she has only two for sale -- both fabulous, but too young and too big. But those babies!

Return to “The Observation Lounge”