Sinus infection

PaulaO
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Sinus infection

Postby PaulaO » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:13 pm

I get one or two a year which respond well to Augmentin and 5 days of Prednisone. An infection started June 14, I took my drugs and all seemed better until last weekend. By Monday I knew something was up so saw my ENT on Wednesday. A scope revealed pus and polyps. He put me on another round of Prednisone and cefdinir. I stayed home from work Thursday and Friday. I was so fatigued. Not tired, just no energy. Yesterday I felt very good and apparently overdid It because today I took a 2 hour nap. Granted, I have been getting up early every day to watch Wimbledon...

I am now convinced I have mono! :) I have never been hit this hard. I have a follow up with the ENT in 2 weeks.

acheyarcher
Herd Member

Re: Sinus infection

Postby acheyarcher » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:56 am

I suspect your issue is going to come down to the polyps and bad plumbing

fatigue can be a common side effect of many antibiotics. I would call your doctors office instead of waiting. This antibiotic can also have digestive and liver side effects

acheyarcher
Herd Member

Re: Sinus infection

Postby acheyarcher » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:27 am

forgot to mention that Black Elderberry is shown to improve respiratory immune system. In a clinical trial patients with sinus infections who took antibiotics + BE fared better than those who took antibiotics alone. I am sure Dr Google can find you the reference for the BD clinical trail there is a ton of link reference for its use in infections and viral infections

I take 1 capsule daily and during winter cold and flu season up that to 2 a day. If I feel "infectionish" I go to three. I use Natures Way 575mg capsules. I order thru Amazon as I can never find it on my local drug store shelves All of the products were consistently cleared out in cold/flu season. I met several people in january at an event who swear by it. Sambucol is a common trade name and they make a potent syrup for when you are actively sick. capsules are economical

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”