My Horse's Favorite Author is Robert Munch

Tuddy
500 post plus club

My Horse's Favorite Author is Robert Munch

Postby Tuddy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:55 pm

I was laying in bed, reading my book... I heard a bunch of clanging and and banging outside my bedroom window, I open said window to hear it better, and yup, something was banging on metal out in the pasture... the livestock owner in me got up - found some pants - and went investigating...

and this is what I found...

Mortimer.jpg
Mortimer.jpg (212.37 KiB) Viewed 7654 times

One little #blondebastard of a Canadian Horse tryna feed himself some goodies.... and my Tuddy horse acting like he had nothing to do with it.

Remember that kid's book "Mortimer" by Robert Munch? The story of Mortimer who doesn't like to go to bed at night and sings at the top of his lungs "CLANG CLANG RATTLE BING BANG, Gonna make my noise all day! CLANG CLANG RATTLE BING BANG Gonna make my noise all night!" and his mom marches up to his bedroom and flings open the door and yells "MORTIMER!!! BE QUIET!!"

Yeah, I lived it last night.

Yonka figured out that if he bangs on the door of that bin, the grain that is caught in the door, falls out... he's a thinker, I'll give him that!

Have a great day friends!

Kirby's Keeper
Novice

Re: My Horse's Favorite Author is Robert Munch

Postby Kirby's Keeper » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:58 pm

Not just a thinker but a stinker as well! Canadiens are smart, tough little horses with lots of personality. I see some more sleepless nights in your future. :P
Proud member of the Ilks Club ;)

Moutaineer
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby Moutaineer » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:53 am

Oh, dear... I think Kirby is right... that isn't going to stop in a hurry.

Tuddy
500 post plus club

Postby Tuddy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:09 pm

This turned into my nightmare.... literally....

I have been up since 230 this morning because of all the banging.... "Mortimer" and his buddies are now locked up in the barn yard until I can fix the door of the grain bin.

My life is never ending chaos! :)

kande50

Postby kande50 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:24 pm

Our Halflinger and her mule kids are the culprits here. They're either banging on the gates, or lying down to eat under the fences, or just generally being destructive and obnoxious. They''ll destroy anything that isn't protected by hot wire.

Flight

Postby Flight » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:10 pm

So cheeky!!

Tuddy
500 post plus club

Postby Tuddy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:22 pm

So, Yonka managed to get the bottom pin out of the bin door, which I don't think was properly closed to begin with. My husband properly fixed and closed the door, and when I let them out of the barnyard this morning.... I had one very offended #blondebastard to say the least. :lol: :lol:

chantal
500 post plus club

Postby chantal » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:24 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tuddy
500 post plus club

Postby Tuddy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:31 pm

I had thought that by properly closing the bin door would fix the problem..... Nooooooo, my persistent horse still banged on that door as a little grain would still pour out when he did. So, they all got locked up again. As you know, I have four horses in total... after I opened the yard gate, 2 of the 4 hung around the yard and went to grazing... but Yonka and his little sidekick, Stetson, booked it to the back pasture, to most likely, continue making music into the wee hours of the morning much to my (and my neighbors) displeasure.

Hahaha.... I would have loved to see the look on Yonka's face when he saw what we did to his bin door. Bang on that you little brat!

Bin Door.jpg
Bin Door.jpg (225.54 KiB) Viewed 7518 times

kande50

Postby kande50 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:18 pm

As long as they don't mess with the tractor. I had to start taking the key out of mine because they just had to go down and poke at it, and they turned the key on one time and drained the battery.

demi

Postby demi » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:02 pm

This is hilarious!! Yonka is a nut!! It seems like he is always up to something. I almost missed it because I don’t usually read the OL completely. We are having LOTS of rain so I am inside and reading more stuff than usual.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”