Tomorrow’s lesson will be interesting

PaulaO
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Tomorrow’s lesson will be interesting

Postby PaulaO » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:12 am

I haven’t ridden in over a week because I’ve had serous otitis media. I wasn’t in pain but thought it wouldn’t be a good idea to ride with a clogged ear. A certain red head mare was sassy tonight. She was fine for the farrier, and thought it would be fun to trot sideways ahead of me when we were finished. Good thing I have an oh Jesus strap on my saddle.... :D

Chisamba

Re: Tomorrow’s lesson will be interesting

Postby Chisamba » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:05 am

I hope it all goes well, its sassy time of the year!

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:15 pm

Ariel was a star. No sass, leg yield trot to walk to halt without fuss. Rachael will ride her tomorrow and blow out some carbon. If there is no one else riding, Rachael hand gallops. Oh my!

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:08 pm

PaulaO wrote:Ariel was a star. No sass, leg yield trot to walk to halt without fuss. Rachael will ride her tomorrow and blow out some carbon. If there is no one else riding, Rachael hand gallops. Oh my!

yay!

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:38 am

The sass was back tonight. I put her on the front crossties, which I know she hates. Saddle on, girth on the left, I start doing up the girth on the right. She blows up her belly, throws up,her head, hits the end of the ties, backs up, breaks the breakaway halter, turns, and starts going back to her stall. With me hanging on the the unbuckled end of the girth. We get in her stall and I take off the saddle. She was scared. I let her settle down while I went into the club room and swore. Fixed her halter (note to self, buy more breakaway tabs). Tacked her up on her preferred ties and rode. She was still a bit high.

Sigh. That’s my girl. And I learned my lesson. No front crossties!

Moutaineer

Postby Moutaineer » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:22 am

We had a similar wreck at the weekend. After my ride on Saturday, Laddie was standing in the cross ties snoozing peacefully while I untacked him. Trainer for some unknown reason ripped the cellophane wrapper off a new broom right in front of him...

My left foot took the brunt of it this time. I'm now moving evenly as I'm lame on both legs. And my brand new carbon fiber whip got stepped on and broken. Sigh.

Trainer was horrified at herself and very apologetic. Laddie is unscathed.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”