Waiting on a video... this is the first horse I have found that might be a keeper

Tsavo
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Waiting on a video... this is the first horse I have found that might be a keeper

Postby Tsavo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:52 am

If the video checks out I will fly to see her.

Maybe I will meet my goal of finding a horse before the end of the year.

KathyK

Re: Waiting on a video... this is the first horse I have found that might be a keeper

Postby KathyK » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:21 am

Fingers crossed!

Tsavo

Re: Waiting on a video... this is the first horse I have found that might be a keeper

Postby Tsavo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:32 am

Thanks! Of course it would defy the odds to find a horse this quickly but we will see.

blob

Postby blob » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:47 am

Good luck! I hope she is all you are looking for and more

Tsavo

Postby Tsavo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:58 am

Thanks blob.

I have a horse I can ride but I want my own.

kande50

Postby kande50 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:18 am

Tsavo wrote:
I have a horse I can ride but I want my own.

Off on a tangent, but the last thing I'd want would be to get involved in a training project and then have it yanked away because someone else owned the horse.

Tsavo

Postby Tsavo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:37 am

No this is the BO's other horse who was retired from eventing because of navicular He is a second level dressage horse now and I work him and lesson on him and it is great fun. I get a break on my board for exercising him. Does that make me a professional? LOL. The BO doesn't want him sitting around. She has another horse who she competes seriously. She trained them both and they are correct.

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:38 pm

I totally understand wanting "your own".....

I had an opportunity to ride and care for 2 friends horses, I did it for a few months but I really wanted "my own". I had my retiree but I wanted a horse to ride.

Fingers crossed this one works out for you!

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:50 pm

Fingers crossed! And if this mare looks good enough to go visit, why not find a few more in the maybe category near by her location? You could even do a ISO near that airport. You never know...

Decent video (if recent) will tell you a lot.

Tsavo

Postby Tsavo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:29 pm

Thanks hayburner and PF. Yeah the video will tell me a lot and I am going to ask about it if it doesn't come soon.

There is little chance of lining up more. I have posted two ISO ads and this mare is the only one so far that would make me get on a plane. I suspect I will need to start contacting buyers agents in eastern Canada.

Ponichiwa
500 post plus club

Postby Ponichiwa » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:20 pm

If you're on COTH, might want to ping FatCatFarm. I don't know her personally but she seems to keep finding Clyde crosses (usually Clyde x Saddlebred or similar). Looks like she's based in GA.

scruffy the cat
Herd Member

Postby scruffy the cat » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:54 am

Hey- resurrecting this thread in case you are still looking. She looks sweet.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/forsale ... 1969548083

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:22 pm

Tsavo is banned as far as "word on the street"....I have no insider knowledge

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:40 pm

Ryeissa wrote:Tsavo is banned as far as "word on the street"....I have no insider knowledge

Tsavo is in time out til the middle of January. If, however, she continues to act as she has been, she will be banned forever.

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:35 pm

Chancellor wrote:
Ryeissa wrote:Tsavo is banned as far as "word on the street"....I have no insider knowledge

Tsavo is in time out til the middle of January. If, however, she continues to act as she has been, she will be banned forever.

ok, thanks.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”