Little complaint about Dover & Smartpak

Hayburner
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Little complaint about Dover & Smartpak

Postby Hayburner » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:46 pm

Why is it that when you receive your order from either of these companies the packing slip does not show the prices you were billed on certain orders?

I like to double check the prices when I receive an order and yes I can go on-line and see my original order, but really the packing slips should also show the price so it's easier for the customer.

I received the wrong size shirt from Dover, the order was placed at a store location and the sale price was $20. When I called customer service to get the correct size shipped, she said they are $69.00. I have no idea how or if I will get billed for the replacement shirt.

Just my little rant for today :P

clanter
Herd Member

Re: Little complaint about Dover & Smartpak

Postby clanter » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:25 pm

a packing slip is just that a listing of the contents of the shipment, what was shipped, how many and if there is a back order should show show item ordered with quantity of zero
Last edited by clanter on Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:37 am

Hayburner, I had not really thought of that, as when I have an issue with any company I'm inclined to use chat or email with the order number (which shows what I paid) as the opening to the conversation. I know I've done this with Smartpak, but maybe not with Dover.

I recently did this with REI when they set me yoga mats instead of kayak paddles! :lol:

Packing should reflect what is in the box---and your order number. But not necessarily the price.

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:36 am

Well, I know it's just a packing slip, I just wish there would be pricing on it. I have received shipments from other companies and the prices, shipping fee etc is all shown on the slip

M&M
Herd Member

Postby M&M » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:24 am

I work winters at Dover. When I help check items to be shipped, the customer order shows the prices....? That's from the warehouse. Maybe from the store it's different.

svvdressage
Herd Member

Postby svvdressage » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:48 am

I for one am so glad packing slips don't have prices....my hubby sometimes opens my packages and I would hate for him to see the total!!!

Moutaineer

Postby Moutaineer » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:54 am

If Smartpak would actually get round to shipping the stuff I ordered 3 weeks ago, I'd be happy at the moment...

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”