If you like Iberian horses on a budget..

piedmontfields
Bringing Life to the DDBB

If you like Iberian horses on a budget..

Postby piedmontfields » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:10 pm

Check out this group for sale in ID:
https://www.warmblood-sales.com/SellerL ... serID=6491

I don't know the trainer but have seen others listed for sale from her that look well trained. This sort of situation (horse is a bit older, not registered, uneven training past with some time off, not tall, ? barn dispersal?) is how I got my Iberian gem. If I were seriously ready for another horse, I'd check them out. There is even a palomino in the mix.

Hayburner

Re: If you like Iberian horses on a budget..

Postby Hayburner » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:19 pm

Prices look reasonable.

Amado
Herd Member

Postby Amado » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:07 am

I think this is Marion Dresel-O'Connor, it used to be Cocolalla sport horses, not sure if it is still called that. You can find her on facebook. I haven’t lived in that area for a long time, but I do know several people who have bought from her and been happy. Seems like she used to breed dressage horses with color. But I’ve seen more Iberians in her posts lately.

goldhorse
Herd Member

Postby goldhorse » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:41 am

My trainer has a 5 yo gelding that came from her. He is rock solid and easy to train. He takes older horses out on the trail and acts as the old soul who's seen it all. The story that I've heard is that there was a crazy woman in Idaho who turned out a bunch of Iberian horses on her property and let them breed willy-nilly in the belief that a magical unicorn would be born that would fly her to heaven. Her unpapered horses have been picked up by cowhands, ranchers, etc. and are now in the horse population up in that part of the US. So based on my n=1 experience, she has some nice horses.

khall

Postby khall » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:56 am

I've been eyeing them and they are some nice looking horses. Even the palomino youngster looks like a fun one.

Goldhorse I had heard about that hoarding situation a few years ago and had known of some Iberian people who had gone in to evaluate them as they were being dispersed.

Moutaineer

Postby Moutaineer » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:12 am

She has some nice, sensible looking horses. I'd like to know her rep with the Idahodian board members!

SallyM2017
Greenie

Postby SallyM2017 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:53 pm

New poster here. Marion Dresel-O'Connor has been doing a wonderful job of rescuing horses from the local feedlot and rehoming some of the ranch horses referenced by Goldhorse. She has a very good reputation. I had the opportunity to get one of her rescues for free, but it didn't work out at the time. All of the horses she sells have gone through some training to determine their suitability for various disciplines. She has had a number of nice purebred Andalusians and crosses come through her barn. She has also bred warmbloods for many years.

I own a very fancy mare that may have been the result of the haphazard Andalusian breeding mentioned, but she came from a different feedlot in Washington State.

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:39 pm

Interesting! I appreciate everyone's perspectives. Again, I am NOT shopping.... :-)

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”