Dressage Today

Hayburner
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Dressage Today

Postby Hayburner » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:43 pm

I got the notice that stated they are joining forces with Practical Horseman. They also stated that I received the new copy of PH to round out the remainder of my current subscription of DT.

The PH label shows my subscription is good for mainly only that issue, Dec. I looked at my last DT and my subscription is good until March of 2020.

So what, that's it they don't fullfill any of my DT subscription with PH or refund the balance of my DT monies?

They appreciate my loyal readership, glad to be moving forward together was at the end of the notice, yet I'm not moving forward as I only received 1 months copy.

I don't think it fair, I had a subscription for over 10 years!

I get that hard copy magazine sales has dropped, but at my small business we still sell over $800 a week in various magazine, so magazines are still being purchased.

KathyK

Re: Dressage Today

Postby KathyK » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:45 pm

Call them.

4Horse
Greenie

Postby 4Horse » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:17 pm

Is the combo magazine still being published monthly or has it gone quarterly too? See where Equus is going quarterly. Sad to see so many magazines struggling. DT lost my interest awhile back, smaller, mostly advertisements and not a lot of good articles.

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:22 pm

Yes, the combo magazine will be quarterly.

Hmm, I get Equus and I have not received an issue lately, I didn't know they also went to quarterly.

I still found DT interesting and I love the clinics. Yes, there were lots of ads, but I swear every magazine is all ads!

I actually sent an email to Practical Horseman since that's where the letter came from and I didn't have a DT contact. They responded that they could not find anything with my name, address etc. Asked a few questions, as to how I paid, when I paid, who I paid.

Next step, I pulled the address label off my last DT that shows my account number and subscription end date. I will email that and see what comes back. If I was only paid up until 2019 I wouldn't even bother, but I was good until March 2020.

Fatcat
Herd Member

Postby Fatcat » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:36 pm

I had the EXACT same thing happen, my DT runs through June 2019, and I stopped receiving the mag last November. I called them and they had no record of my account except for one year back in 2000. I have had a continuous subscription for almost 20 years! After a frustrating, go nowhere conversation about getting the rest of my subscription I hung up. I’m done with DT, it was a pretty crappy way to treat a longtime customer.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:40 pm

I've got to put cancelling on my to do list for tomorrow. My sub auto renewed and I got one of the new quarterly issues. Didn't really like it, and definitely not for the price per issue.
Keep calm and canter on.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:21 am

Fatcat wrote:I had the EXACT same thing happen, my DT runs through June 2019, and I stopped receiving the mag last November. I called them and they had no record of my account except for one year back in 2000. I have had a continuous subscription for almost 20 years! After a frustrating, go nowhere conversation about getting the rest of my subscription I hung up. I’m done with DT, it was a pretty crappy way to treat a longtime customer.

I guess they don't care since they are out of business, but yes very poor way to treat a long time customer

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:21 pm

SInce I have my subscription labels there is no way they can tell me that I can't be found!

I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

In all fairness, PH should honor the balance of the subscription or DT should refund.

The magazine I really miss is Horse Journal - I was new to horses when I started getting it and I learned so much from it.

greenhorse
Novice

Postby greenhorse » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:10 pm

I decided not to renew my subscription because of the change. I wanted a dressage magazine. That’s not what it is anymore. :|

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”