Crockpot Lasagna

Tuddy
500 post plus club

Crockpot Lasagna

Postby Tuddy » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:41 am

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-i ... gna-recipe

I am attempting this... but I altered it a bit. I used gluten free noodles, a bag of italiano cheese instead of straight mozzarella, upped the Italian seasoning and probably used 1.5 lbs of ground beef. Instead of trying to figure out 16 oz of ricotta cheese, I just used a 500g tub.

Now we wait and see.... stay tuned.

lorilu
Herd Member

Re: Crockpot Lasagna

Postby lorilu » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:36 am

I have made crockpot lasagna many times. No recipe - I just used traditional ingredients and the newer "oven ready" noodles. No extra sauce or anything. It is easy and wonderful. I am sure yours will be as well!!

Tuddy
500 post plus club

Postby Tuddy » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:56 pm

It turned out fine! The only thing I will change next time, is the noodles. The gluten free noodles I used were flat, and lasagna noodles need to be wavy! Lol! I will used gluten free penne noodles, and just lay them flat per layer.

Tarlo Farm
500 post plus club

Postby Tarlo Farm » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:33 pm

No no no no no. The Italian in me refuses to even picture anything called "crockpot lasagna". Just call it Italian Mash or something. I also refuse to eat pizza with pineapple. That is just plain wrong.

chantal
500 post plus club

Postby chantal » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:46 am

Tarlo Farm wrote:No no no no no. The Italian in me refuses to even picture anything called "crockpot lasagna". Just call it Italian Mash or something. I also refuse to eat pizza with pineapple. That is just plain wrong.

Not Italian but I will not eat pizza with pineapple on it (unless I'm starving). I love my crockpot and agree to call it lasagna if crockpot or slow cooker is in front of it. But it has to be flavorful!!

I think it would work with regular noodles with enough sauce, that's how I've done my regular lasagna the last few times. Just add some extra sauce. And lots of garlic and seasoning.

Tarlo Farm
500 post plus club

Postby Tarlo Farm » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:12 pm

I haven't pre-cooked my lasagna noodles in 20 years.

Tuddy
500 post plus club

Postby Tuddy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:30 am

Tarlo Farm wrote:No no no no no. The Italian in me refuses to even picture anything called "crockpot lasagna". Just call it Italian Mash or something. I also refuse to eat pizza with pineapple. That is just plain wrong.

I love pineapple on my pizza! Lol! But upon discussion with my daughter, we have come to agreement that if I make this again, and use penne instead, we will call it.... Crockpot Beefapenne.

heddylamar
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby heddylamar » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:11 am

Jalapeño, pineapple, and onion is the bomb. It makes me look forward to takeout pizza.

Tarlo Farm
500 post plus club

Postby Tarlo Farm » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:59 pm

heddylamar wrote:Jalapeño, pineapple, and onion is the bomb. It makes me look forward to takeout pizza.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

piedmontfields
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby piedmontfields » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:25 pm

I keep reading this as "crackpot lasagna"....

;)

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”