Dreams that seem real

musical comedy
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Dreams that seem real

Postby musical comedy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:32 am

Have you even had a dream that when you awakened you felt like it really happened? That has happened to me quite a few times over the years. I had one last night, and now I feel drained with a headeache. They are always bad dreams too, unfortunately. I can never tell a dream like a story; only piece parts. Last night I dreamed that I was on a job interview in an inappropriate dress. It was a dress I saw advertised on some web page recently. I overheard the personnel manager make a negative comment about my attire. I obviously wasn't getting hired. That's about it. Something stupid like this affects my mood for the day.

Flight

Re: Dreams that seem real

Postby Flight » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:54 am

Yes, that happens to me now and then. Usually takes me the whole day to shake them off. Quite disturbing!
I remember reading somewhere that dreams are usually always uncomfortable. Like not always 'bad' dreams but you are usually having some sort of issue/struggle, be it even minor. I find mine tend to be this way.

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:07 pm

That's a very strange dream - in your other post you have many decisions or things to think about with your farm and your horses, could it be that you are worried about someone's opinion on your decisions? Or your own?

I rarely dream or if I do, I don't remember them. But, recently I had one where I went somewhere for an extended time and forgot my make-up bag, LOL....I was a wreck without it..

Abby Kogler
Herd Member

Postby Abby Kogler » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:41 pm

Yes. Frequently. And youre right, they can affect your whole day.

I can tell by my dreams when I a stressing when I might not even realize in real life. For me it seems like anniversaries of sad event will trigger strange and sad dreams for several weeks. Y Dad died March 1 five years ago and three weeks later Jurgen coded at the gym while working in FL and I was called to come allow him to be taken off life support. He survived and is well now but it was a three month sad and intense and frightening recovery. And I was trying to deal with my Dads estate stuff long distance...the daughters, my sister....

I start getting the dreams about end January. I cant find my horses. I don't have my clothes. I have to go to the bathroom and cant find anywhere. I miss my plane. I lose my luggage. Variations of these but they last all night and in the mornings I feel drained and sad. It is so reliable now that they don't bother me as much...I know that they will pass.

Our minds and hearts are complicated and seem to express struggles and sadness and loss in odd and perhaps unexpected ways.

It helps if I have a particularly vivid troubling one to lie there as I wake up and think about how great my dad was...or how well Jurgen is...I try to replace the troubling images with memories of my Dad laughing or Jurgen going to the gym, that kind of thing. It helps a lot to put a different feel on the rest of the day.

Always thinking about you.

Moutaineer

Postby Moutaineer » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:36 pm

Yes, my dreams can get particularly vivid and disturbing if I am under a lot of stress.

I always seem to be late for something important, naked and desperately in need of a bathroom. It's exhausting.

I've learned to break the cycle somewhat when I wake up during them by forcing myself to get out of bed, go to the bathroom and have a drink of water, rather than just lying there in the twilight zone and letting them take over again.

musical comedy

Postby musical comedy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:19 pm

If you want to see the dress I had on in my dreams, here's the link. This dress photo keeps popping up on a website I visit.
https://www.venus.com/viewproduct.aspx? ... tm_term=un
Last edited by musical comedy on Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bip
Herd Member

Postby Bip » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:23 pm

I tend to have very vivid dreams. Supposedly it runs in my dad’s family, though how they would know if their dreams are more vivid than anyone else’s, I can’t imagine. After my first child was born it kicked up a notch, and even six years later if someone starts talking about Sweden, I have to catch myself before saying that I’ve been there. I definitely did not go to Sweden for a long weekend, it was just a very vivid dream (that took place mostly on the airplane). Oh, right around that time, I dreamed I got kidnapped and put into the sex trade on something like a big cruise ship. My main concern was where was my baby?! The other day I had a dream that left me very angry with DH all day, lol.

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:32 pm

musical comedy wrote:If you want to see the dressage I had on in my dreams, here's the link. This dress photo keeps popping up on a website I visit.

if I got that dress I need a dream where I have that body too! that is quite the dress!
:lol:
I have had intense moments in dreams, yes, but it doesn't usually stay with me in a neg. way.

KathyK

Postby KathyK » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:21 am

musical comedy wrote:If you want to see the dressage I had on in my dreams, here's the link. This dress photo keeps popping up on a website I visit.

Wow, that's some dress. I guess it would be fine for a job interview, under the right (?) circumstances. :lol:

I rarely have dreams that I remember, and of those it's mostly just small bits that come to mind suddenly the next day. One very realistic dream I had, and this was years ago, was that I was ice skating in the Olympics. It felt very real and left me happy and exhilarated for a few days.

Rosie B
500 post plus club

Postby Rosie B » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:41 pm

Some of my most realistic/vivid dreams that I have had have involved horses. One that comes to mind was I hopped on a friend's horse who was trained to GP, and immediately started doing one tempis. They were easy and it was amazing. I had that dream probably 15 years ago and I still remember it vividly. Mind you, the friend from my dream is someone I know only as an acquaintance, and she doesn't actually have a GP horse, and I've never actually ridden real tempis at all, let along ones. lol. It was a great dream though.

I almost never have bad or uncomfortable dreams. Maybe once or twice a year I'll have one that is less than pleasant. Other than that, they tend to be occasionally weird and slightly random. :)

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:35 pm

I dream a lot, and remember the dreams. A lot are not pleasant, such as going to the barn to find that it has been physically rearranged and I can't find my horse. I dream that Ariel is being sold to someone else. I dream that I go the house I had when I was married only to find that it is is shambles and my husband doesn't want a divorce (in reality he wanted the divorce). I wake up crying when I dream about my parents. My dreams can affect my entire day.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:02 pm

Oh yes, I've had those dreams where I'm dealing with a major life situation, and it's seemed real enough that it takes me a few minutes when I wake up to determine that it was actually a dream. It seems to happen more when I'm really tired and get into a really deep sleep. That's when the brain starts dredging things up and working through them, I think.
Keep calm and canter on.

kande50

Postby kande50 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:43 pm

Ryeissa wrote:
I have had intense moments in dreams, yes, but it doesn't usually stay with me in a neg. way.

Once in a great while I'll have a vivid scary dream and be so scared that I'll just make myself lie back down and try to go back to sleep.

I'll never forget being in my dorm during break (so very few other students there) and waking up from a very bad dream that seemed real. It was around the time of the Manson murders and had something to do with murderers being in the dorm. I knew it was a dream so didn't try to call anyone, and there really wasn't much to do about it other than go back to sleep, so I did. I'm not even sure I got up to check to see if the door was locked.

Dreams don't stay with me though, and of the few I remember there are just as many good ones as bad ones.

When I was working I had those frustration dreams in which I was naked in front of a class, or had forgotten to set up the lab and all the students were going to come in and the lab wasn't ready, or I was driving and the car was moving (slowly) and no matter how hard I pressed on the brake it wouldn't stop.

Rockabilly
Herd Member

Postby Rockabilly » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:07 pm

So many of my dreams revolve around Billy. I dream of him often. One of my dreams was that I was walking to the barn and in the paddock was a big dark horse. I said, Billy what are you doing here and he said I just came by for a visit.

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:06 am

Rockabilly, you know that Billy was visiting you. Bob has done that once or twice, and my parents have visited me in my dreams.

Rosie B
500 post plus club

Postby Rosie B » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:44 am

That reminds me. We had to put Emma down in December due to congestive heart failure. For those that don't remember her, she was my beautiful little blonde cocker spaniel and devoted friend. She was 10. I was devastated. About a month or so afterward, I dreamed that I kept seeing her out of the corner of my eye but when I looked right at her she'd disappear. Well, after a while of this going on (in my dream), I looked right at her and she *didn't* disappear. I ran toward her and she ran away. I caught up to her finally and when I grabbed her, I could really feel the softness of her fur. She told me that she was ok and that I didn't need to worry and that she was waiting for me. It was incredibly vivid.

heddylamar

Postby heddylamar » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:25 pm

I go through spurts of life-like dreams ... including this week. I blame all y’all! ;)

Last night was rough: disturbing dreams, I’d wake up with an elevated pulse then struggle to go back to sleep. Rinse and repeat 5-6 times.

I rarely recall the specifics of dreams, just figments. From last night it’s a plastic prong (like from a thick toothed comb), stabbing, and my younger mare, Maia.

There are two long-term recurring dreams, one features snakes (I HATE snakes) and the other is a plane crash.

Koolkat
500 post plus club

Postby Koolkat » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:39 am

Ohhh yeah. College. Exam. Unprepared.

Scarred for life, lol. DH too.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:35 am

Koolkat wrote:Ohhh yeah. College. Exam. Unprepared.

Scarred for life, lol. DH too.

Those turned into, not properly warmed up and didn’t study my dressage test for me recently.

At least I’m not naked in those dreams. :lol:
Keep calm and canter on.

kande50

Postby kande50 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:15 pm

StraightForward wrote:

:D

Koolkat
500 post plus club

Postby Koolkat » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:10 pm

StraightForward wrote:Those turned into, not properly warmed up and didn’t study my dressage test for me recently.

:lol:

I think you can get rung out for flying, too. . .

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”