The Mustang Movie

StraightForward
Bringing Life to the DDBB

The Mustang Movie

Postby StraightForward » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:59 am

Has anyone seen it yet? 94% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. It's playing at our local indie theater; might have to drag DH over there to check it out if it's still there next weekend.
Keep calm and canter on.

Koolkat
500 post plus club

Re: The Mustang Movie

Postby Koolkat » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:44 am

I have not, had not heard of it until now. Coincidentally, watched Wild Horse Redemption last night (Prime Video), a documentary about the Colorado Prison System Mustang program. It starts a tad slowish, but you quickly get drawn into the stories of the prisoners and their work with their horses. Even DH liked it and how each convict's (with very lengthy "resumes") humanness was exposed by their work with training their horses. It's well worth watching.

Watching the trailer for the Mustang Movie, I think they may have been inspired by this one!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=wi ... &FORM=VIRE

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:09 pm

Not showing in my area.

I really want to see this movie, I wonder if it will be available on pay per view or some other pay station.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:39 am

Well we went and watched it tonight. It was pretty good. Some of the horse stuff was a little cheesy, but not terrible. I enjoyed the character of the crusty old horse trainer, and the main actor did a great job. It wasn't 100% predictable at the end, so that was nice.

Will have to watch the documentary.
Keep calm and canter on.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”