In which Ariel throws a hissy fit

PaulaO
Bringing Life to the DDBB

In which Ariel throws a hissy fit

Postby PaulaO » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:46 am

Yesterday was lovely. Low 70s, kind of cloudy, a bit of a breeze. Perfect night to ride outside. OH NO, A BUG LANDED ON ME!!!! Despite fly leg wraps, a dousing of bug spray, and a head bonnet, Miss A. decided that she had to prance, toss her head, and be unmanageable because there were a few flies. So we went in the indoor which was very dusty. There was a show last weekend so the indoor still had temporary stalls in it which SOMEONE decided she didn’t like. She wasn’t afraid or spooky, but she wasn’t going to listen to me. Finished the ride and untacked. Oh no, SOMEONE wasn’t going to be cooperative for untacking. I finally used my voice as an aid. She looked contrite and settled down.

Mares. *sigh*.

Bug Armor has been ordered.
Last edited by PaulaO on Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KathyK

Re: In which Ariel throws a hissy fit

Postby KathyK » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:41 pm

Mares are special, that's for sure.

Josette

Postby Josette » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:40 pm

Well my guy is extra sensitive to ANY bugs near or on him. Water on his legs or belly gets foot strikes to shake off drops. When on crossties and applying fly spray to legs he displays some lovely piaffe. Plus he gets upset if he gets too sweaty during a ride and feels we are now done and he wants to get washed down. Next he wants clean fluffy bedding in his stall to roll in afterwards - which he prefers over rolling outside in the dirt. Turn on the fan too please. PaulaO - I think my pony is the real drama queen here. :lol:

chantal
500 post plus club

Postby chantal » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:18 am

Ha, I rode a mare last Thursday and because of advice doused her in fly spray before the 35 min trotting rehab session. Ummm, mid-trot she stopped and violently rubbed her front leg with her mouth 'cause fly. Sigh.

Good times huh Paula? :lol:

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:55 pm

The Bug Armor arrived. I put it on her but haven't ridden in it. Looks like it will help a lot.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”