Selling older horse book prices

Josette
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Selling older horse book prices

Postby Josette » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:11 pm

I've been slowly clearing out horse items at a local tack store. Some of the books are quite old so I used Amazon books to get an ideal for asking price. Maybe I'm crazy but I have a few that are listed at over $!50 maybe due to the print edition. Two are listed very high on Amazon. :roll: I'd like to sell them maybe to one of these book sellers instead of the tack store who I know would let go not knowing their value. Has anyone else looked up their older books and their current value? Any suggestions for selling them?

StraightForward

Re: Selling older horse book prices

Postby StraightForward » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:45 pm

My experience with certain out of print books on Amazon, is that the prices fluctuate wildly, so if one is currently high, best to list yours competitively and hope it sells quickly before the prices drop again. For instance, I ended up with a couple copies of Sylvia Loch's Dressage in Lightness, and the Amazon price for a good used copy would fluctuate from $10 to 50 over the course of a couple months. Another cookbook I randomly picked up off a bargain table ended up being listed on Amazon for like $150, so I listed my copy, but then prices started to fall and I eventually sold it for somewhere in the $50-75 range.
Keep calm and canter on.

Josette

Postby Josette » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:46 pm

Thanks! Where did you list your books if I may ask? It looks like Amazon charges seller fee of $39 per month membership.

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:20 pm

I'd do a quick and dirty Google search for resale of horse books. I found oldchildrensbooks.com (don't know if your books are fiction or educational). bledsoebooks.com biblio.com horsebooksplus.com horseinfo.com all seem to deal with harder to find horse books. You could also sell on Etsy.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:01 am

Josette wrote:Thanks! Where did you list your books if I may ask? It looks like Amazon charges seller fee of $39 per month membership.

I used to sell on Amazon, and that wasn't the case. They have gotten less and less favorable to sellers over the years and I quit selling.
Keep calm and canter on.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”