Scr3wing with the spam callers

PaulaO
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Scr3wing with the spam callers

Postby PaulaO » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:06 pm

I'm working from home today and got a call from someone claiming to be from Social Security. In a heavy Indian accent, he told me my SS number was being "suspended" because of potential criminal activity. I said "put it in a letter." Oh no, we can't do that. I asked what criminal activity and he started babbling about something in Texas (I live in Illinois). I kept scr3wing with him, asking what activity, and to put it in writing so I could show it to my attorney. Of course he wanted me to verify my SSN which of course I wouldn't do. He eventually hung up.

I love messing with these people. I get robo calls on almost a daily basis for my brothers, saying that papers need to be delivered. Both brothers are dead.....

KathyK

Re: Scr3wing with the spam callers

Postby KathyK » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:20 am

Isn't it sad that attempting to cheat people has become commonplace?

Tuddy
500 post plus club

Postby Tuddy » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:57 pm

I love the ones asking for a donation to an (unverifiable) charity. I usually have them on my landline while googling their so called charity on my cell phone and when I ask them about what my donation would be used for, they usually have some sort of generic answers, helping build sustainable housing, wells, books for children).

I usually end up asking how I can become a beneficiary of some of these things as my house needs a new roof, my plumbing needs to be upgraded and so on and so forth.

They don't appreciate them being asked for money, yet I find it quite comical. Who knew?

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:46 pm

Funny, I just did this. I got a call from someone telling me that my google business account was missing information and might need to be suspended.
I know that 1. Google is not going to call me. 2. I manage a few businesses on Google and the information is up to date. 3. if the data WAS missing, I know how to fix it.

So, I spent some time talking to the guy. I said "What business are you calling about?". He said just my name. Well, I don't have any businesses in my name. Then he asked me if I was a realtor. I said no.
He got distinctly uncomfortable when I just answered his questions but didn't give any other information. He said "look ,you see aggravated. I am just trying to help you. Did I say or do something that aggravated you?" Yes, I said. You are a scammer.

Josette

Postby Josette » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:07 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm glad you wasted his time too.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”