What's good in your world?

PhoenixRising
500 post plus club

What's good in your world?

Postby PhoenixRising » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:01 pm

It seems like we've had quite a few sad/unfortunate posts in here lately, so it got me thinking this might be a fun topic.
What's something good that's happened to you lately?
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, live the life you've imagined!

Chancellor
Site Admin

Re: What's good in your world?

Postby Chancellor » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:30 pm

I brought home another Siamese kitten!

PhoenixRising
500 post plus club

Postby PhoenixRising » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:46 pm

Chancellor wrote:I brought home another Siamese kitten!

Pictures or it didn’t happen! ;) :lol:

Ryeissa
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby Ryeissa » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:19 pm

Last edited by Ryeissa on Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

texsuze
500 post plus club

Postby texsuze » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:48 pm

My 87 y.o. mom has finally come around to the idea of relocating (5 hour drive) to be closer to us. We're under contract for a house for her now and she told DH, "...I'm going to start a new life!". We'd been chipping away at this with her since Dad passed away in 2014. Fingers and toes crossed that the relo doesn't get de-railed.

Abby Kogler
Herd Member

Postby Abby Kogler » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:59 pm

My gardens are spectacular and I am eating tomatoes every day, my new hens are laying. The fruit trees are crazy with plums, peaches, apples, pears, figs. My foot slowly gets less painful. Slick the new horse is GREAT. Kingston is responding to the glandular ulcer protocol. I have been riding a little though only walking but still, RIDING.

Great thread, thank you. Tex, yes! good luck with Mom. Rye, beaming!! Chancellor, I saw on FB, what a lovely little kitteh!

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:09 pm

I have lost a total of seventy pounds and am fitter than i was when i turned fifty. I just need to keep healthy if i want to keep riding into my seventies, ( i am in my fifties but i like having a twenty year plan )

I love summer, i like green grass, flowers, veggies and sun,

I am very excited to be having the clinic i mentioned in training goals thread.

coffee. any time the world seems to complicated i just remember, i still have coffee ;)

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:29 pm

I'm feeling tons better after a horrid flare of the disease I live with.

My mare was very quiet and steady my first couple of rides back. Then she decided "You're fine! Let's go!!" and was her spicy self again. :D

Rockabilly
Herd Member

Postby Rockabilly » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:44 pm

I had the best BLT for breakfast/lunch today with a tomato just picked from the garden. I am in the midst of putting away all the fresh vegetables so we can enjoy all this deliciousness in the midst of winter.

silk
500 post plus club

Postby silk » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:09 am

I FINISHED STUDY!

Such a huge relief. I loaded up all the assignments last Sunday (totally online learning) and have just done my presentation file, still need to upload it today and give the presentation over skype next Wednesday.
Of course, I won't get my marks back for a few weeks, but I don't believe there's even a chance of failure (I only thought "... errr, wait a minute!" as I went to post this, haha). Assuming everything is OK, I'll have finished a Graduate Diploma in Project Management. Next on my list is gaining my PMP with the Project Management Institute... I already work as a PM and Proj. Coordinator on massive projects (hundreds of thousands to multi millions of dollars in fees) so this qual is more of a formality so I don't hit any real or imagined glass ceilings. It was also designed to support acceptance into the PMP qualification rather than the lower CaPM qualification.

Koolkat
500 post plus club

Postby Koolkat » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:32 am

DH and I just got back from summitting Whitney (California) car to car. It was a "walk up", but at 22 miles round trip, and an elevation gain of 6000 feet to 14,505 feet, it was a respectable day's work for a couple of oldsters staring at 70. Of course, now I'm thinking a more technical route is in order, lol.

5:00 am, mountain time - John Muir's beloved "Range of Light"
Whitney massiff resized.jpg
Whitney massiff resized.jpg (72.55 KiB) Viewed 18852 times

Couple of oldsters on Whitney
summit resized.jpg
summit resized.jpg (61.68 KiB) Viewed 18852 times

Jaw dropping beauty all around
hitchcock resized.jpg
hitchcock resized.jpg (79.18 KiB) Viewed 18852 times

acheyarcher
Herd Member

Postby acheyarcher » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:13 am

broke state archery record for my age / class. I was not focused on the score, only that I was struggling. A chat with my coach on the second day, with a video analysis got my thinking back on track. While second day was not as good as first, it was enough to break that record.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:24 am

This thread makes me smile!

I'm not exactly Ingrid Klimke yet, but there are moments on video where I look kind of like a legit dressage rider.

Also, I introduced my 3 year old to a very flappy 3x6 flag tonight, and she was a champ about it. The other day I was working her from the roundpen fence when a boarder turned his very wound up horse loose in the dry lot that surrounds the round pen, and she barely even looked at it as it charged around. I'm optimistic that I got one with a good brain this time.
Attachments
canter 718.JPG
canter 718.JPG (28.76 KiB) Viewed 18833 times
canter 7182.JPG
canter 7182.JPG (27.18 KiB) Viewed 18833 times
Keep calm and canter on.

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:02 pm

This is the only one I have on my work computer. I'll try to add more from my phone in a little bit.
20190716_153502.jpg
20190716_153502.jpg (93.46 KiB) Viewed 18819 times

Moutaineer

Postby Moutaineer » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:06 pm

Aww, Chancellor!

On the whole, my life is pretty darned good and fulfilling, We'll need to make some changes over the next couple of years, but in this instant, we are enjoying a fairly peaceful existence.

fergusnc
500 post plus club

Postby fergusnc » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:21 pm

Yay, these are all so awesome!

Me weighing in...as I type this, DH. And i are sitting in gliders on a balcony overlooking the NC mountains as a part of a long weekend get away, massages scheduled for 2.5 hours from now. I haven't has a massage in about 6 years, despite chronic back issues and the fact that horses are worked on every month or two even though not currently being ridden, lol. The biggest "good" is that I even felt comfortable doing this weekend, even with Fergus' last dose of EPM medicine given 3 days ago, and a donkey trying to kick his 2nd hoof abscess in a month and a half. I have an incredible pet sitter who sleeps over, and who I trust implicitly, and as of this AM, we got a "all clear" update on all critters, including my 14 year old, 80 pound dog who had a very minor and tiny yellow flag flying the day we left. One day at a time, and beyond thankful for my tribe who helps me do life, in easy times and hard!

PhoenixRising
500 post plus club

Postby PhoenixRising » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:34 pm

I’m loving reading all of these.
I got a really great compliment from the barn owner this morning. She is very knowledgeable and sometimes judges... she saw me doing leg yields and said they were great and “a lot better than most people who have been doing them a long time”. So that made me smile. Finished up with a lovely walk around the pond to cool off. In all, a perfect Saturday morning!
Attachments
1624FBFF-3B4C-4D2B-91EF-AF0CD0A84263.jpeg
1624FBFF-3B4C-4D2B-91EF-AF0CD0A84263.jpeg (169.95 KiB) Viewed 18729 times

Sue B

Postby Sue B » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:50 pm

Lovely photos y'all. I just had a great weekend with my ponies despite the heat, the swelling has finally come down from ds having all 4 of his wisdom teeth pulled and my 88 year old mother got to have a visit from my brother, her only son, for 3 whole days. Life is good right now.

silk
500 post plus club

Postby silk » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:40 am

There are some good relationship vibes floating around... I don't want to jinx it, but I'm happy, which is a nice change.

silk
500 post plus club

Postby silk » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:44 am

Also! I booked my flights to Europe! My first holiday in forevvvvvvvvver - no horse-related events or training courses!

I'm quite excited, except by the ever-increasing costs, haha! International flights, domestic/local flights and trains, it just keeps going! But so worth it.

SnowHorse
Herd Member

Postby SnowHorse » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:21 pm

We got a new Weim pup in May, after both our old ones passed of old age. You might remember Wyatt and Josie from my old old videos doing stuff on the background.

Here's the new baby - the video is from may so by now he's as tall as Bob the Girl Puppeh (Heeler x BC).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZSHpLTdScw

The little big dog is getting bigger every day!

Everyone's good things are so great :)

Chancellor - MOAR Meezer pics, pleeeez! :)

KoolKat - wow, what views, and wow, you guys are tough! I'm seriously impressed! :O
Face masks! Bandanas! Posters, mugs, cards etc - http://www.zazzle.com/okiepony/products -- Horses, cats, butterflies, Hummingbirds, quotes, sillies, patterns - everything!

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:33 pm

Aw, thanks for the Weim baby video. He is such a little terror :-D.

(We had Weimaraners for many years....our last one from field trial lines was so awesome that we decided we could never find another like her so we switched to pointers.)

SnowHorse
Herd Member

Postby SnowHorse » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:35 pm

He's a riot! When we went to pick him up they had two to choose from, and after a while of observing them my husband decided it was this one - the obnoxious, fearless little $hit. Okaaaaaaaay....LOL!!!
That said, I think Bob is doing a fine job training the pupper, she's teaching him manners, is a good play buddy, and protective of him when needed.
She is also a very vocal dog, and I think she taught that, too, for the little guy talks way more than Wyatt or Josie ever did.
Sometimes I call him the Whine-a-raner :D
Face masks! Bandanas! Posters, mugs, cards etc - http://www.zazzle.com/okiepony/products -- Horses, cats, butterflies, Hummingbirds, quotes, sillies, patterns - everything!

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:19 pm

Yes, your lovely cattle dog girl will train him well! And so will the cat! (that clip was hilarious!!!)

khall

Postby khall » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:21 pm

My Lusitano filly Joplin is meeting and exceeding my hopes and dreams so far. Just getting started with our US work, but such a joy after riding WBs for many years now.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

We have booked our flights to Portugal! 2 friends and I leave 9-1 for http://valencaequestriantours.com/learn-with-us/ to study the Valenca Method with the trainers there. So excited to spend some time riding trained Lusitanos:)

SnowHorse
Herd Member

Postby SnowHorse » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:27 pm

piedmontfields wrote:Yes, your lovely cattle dog girl will train him well! And so will the cat! (that clip was hilarious!!!)

Yeah the cats are pretty good. Most of them just pop him on the nose if he gets too wild, and usually no claws, so fair game.

silk
500 post plus club

Postby silk » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:26 pm

silk wrote:I FINISHED STUDY!

A- overall for my last paper. PHEW. DONE. DONEDONEDONE.

So happy!

goldhorse
Herd Member

Postby goldhorse » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:26 am

I hit a personal high for deadlifting of 155 lbs. Not bad for a short chubby 61 yo woman. I'm now addicted to weight lifting and the transfer of stability to the saddle is amazing.
DH is probably taking a big shot job in Maryland so we'll be bicoastal for a few years. :(
DD's are doing well and DD#1 hasn't gone back to Africa yet.
Para horse is doing great and retired horse is hanging in there (had both them in ICU at UC Davis last year). So a horse not in the horsepital is a good thing!

Kyra's Mom
500 post plus club

Postby Kyra's Mom » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:21 am

My house didn't blow up :o :? :!: .

I was awakened at 2AM Saturday morning by a LOUD beeping monster. I knew it wasn't the smoke alarm as that is overhead. Oh, it is the CO/natural gas detector. Not sure which part is alarming. First thing I do because I don't have my glasses on and it is dark is throw on a couple light switches. Oh, damned...it is the gas alarm. I can't smell gas but the detector is definitely a full out alarm.

I was really spooked because they have been replacing the old underground electrical where I live. It used to be a trailer park and north of my house had to be updated. However, there was a problem between their new box and the box behind my house that runs electricity to the 3 houses south of me. They laid out a cable 2 weeks ago (just your average 220 volt line laying on the ground between my house and the neighbors :!: ). The utility company started last week (Wed) to dig the trench to bury the cable and I guess got called away to an emergency so I had 20 feet of trench open--including the sprinklers and gas lines all hanging out exposed right next to the garage.

The technician came from the gas company and the trench was not emanating any gas. He found a leak in the piping to the furnace which was just installed last fall. I had complained of a faint nasty smell since they put the furnace in but the smell was just in the utility room. When I brought it up to the guy that was servicing my air conditioner, he said oh, that is just the mineral oil burning off some parts of the furnace (coated to prevent corrosion pre-install I guess). I asked still(furnace was put in in September '18)? Yeah, it can take quite awhile he says. The gas company tech said that should burn off in 3-4 DAYS. Why the detector hadn't alarmed until now I don't know. Gas co tech turned the gas off to the furnace. Not a problem since it has been 97-100 for the last several days. Furnace installer is coming tomorrow to fix it.

So, that is one thing that is really good in my world ;) .

Susan
from susamorg on the UDBB

silk
500 post plus club

Postby silk » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:35 pm

Kyra's mom, I'm really glad you had the gas turned off. This happened in NZ a few weeks ago: https://www.news.com.au/world/pacific/g ... 2aa4828751

Baroque
Herd Member

Postby Baroque » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:02 am

My horses are still all on holiday as it's winter here, and we are now about to start lambing. :roll:

The weather has been awful here so I'm a wee bit worried how the newborns will cope and how my first time lambing hoggets will cope with it all too. They are all swelling bigger and bigger by the day and it looks like we will get quite a few twins. The rare breed feral Arapawa sheep we breed are very tough and are well known for hardiness compared to modern hybrid sheep thank goodness!

Other than that I got a nice new SUV last week and am enjoying it a lot and being able to find parking spots for it. My previous ute was very long and very high and I had lots of problems getting out of tight spaces with it.

And I'm spinning up a lot of chunky yarn for a one day yarn festival in September. I now produce 3 colours in my Arapawa flock - Rich Dark Chocolate, Golden Manuka Honey and Limited Edition Vanilla Icecream. They are lovely soft warm bouncy yarns!

AwesomelyArapawayarn.jpg
AwesomelyArapawayarn.jpg (123.74 KiB) Viewed 18323 times
vanilla icecream.jpg
vanilla icecream.jpg (91.47 KiB) Viewed 18323 times

Sue B

Postby Sue B » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:51 pm

Oh my, Baroque, that yarn is gorgeous. I can almost feel how soft it is through the photo!

My good news this week, is that I did not come off my horse, Tio, when he uncorked last night. He's built like a brick sh** house and can get some serious air time, but hey, I cowgirled up and rode him out. Yesss, the "old lady" still got game. :lol: :D

fallingwaters
Greenie

Postby fallingwaters » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:11 am

Lovely thread, and wonderful things happening to everyone--it's refreshing as heck!

I've landed softly, and am very happily living with an old friend from udbb days. My cats are spoiled rotten and loving their lives here too,and last month i bought a pony. She is a 6yo 13.3 gypsy mare, sweet as can be and more bone than a brontosaurus lol. A classic black & white cob who takes up a whole lotta leg. My camper build is scheduled to start in early fall, and by 2020 the pony and I should be on the road exploring the southwest on horseback.

I feel better than I have in years too. Life is good and I am blessed beyond compare.

Kyra's Mom
500 post plus club

Postby Kyra's Mom » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:45 am

silk wrote:Kyra's mom, I'm really glad you had the gas turned off. This happened in NZ a few weeks ago: https://www.news.com.au/world/pacific/g ... 2aa4828751

I know :!: . We had a bad one (propane but still gas) in a town about 100 miles away this winter and the news has been fraught with houses blowing up all over the US. Gas is nice for the heat but certainly something to be respected. I am now very glad I sprung for the dual detector when I moved in.

So good to hear from you fallingwaters. It sounds like a lot is good for you and it is long overdue.

Way to hang in there Sue.

Susan
from susamorg on the UDBB

KathyK

Postby KathyK » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:19 pm

My new horse is great. I have hooked up with a wonderful new (to me) trainer, a long-time student of George Williams, and we are making great progress. Well, I am; the horse already knows how to be super, lol!

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”