Amazon and Menards errors

Briarwood
Novice

Amazon and Menards errors

Postby Briarwood » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:15 am

A couple of weeks ago I ordered 3 items from Amazon. The next week UPS delivered my order, plus a second package that contained a complete duplicate order of all 3 items. The UPS driver left the packages on the porch when I was out in the barn. Checked and I was charged only 1 time. Checked account on Amazon and saw only 1 order. One package contained a packing slip with the order number I see on line. Packing slip in second box contained no order number, just my name and address and listed the items. Called Amazon and it took several minutes for the customer service person to understand and agree to send me a shipping label to return the second shipment back to them at their cost.

On Oct. 29 I placed an order online at Menards for 2 storm doors, using their online "they pick the order and it is ready for pick-up" offer. On Oct. 31 I made the 1 hour drive to Menards, went to their order pick up area in the back, had the doors put into the back of my truck, checked out with the security person at the gate and my new doors are installed here at home. Today I received an email from Menards informing me that they hold merchandise ordered on line for pick-up for only 14 days and since I did not pick up my order within that time they are refunding my money less their restocking fee. Tomorrow I will call Menards.

Two days ago I ordered some new CuddlDuds I found on sale. I am taking bets on whether or not this order, from yet another seller, will be uneventful.

Sunshine2Me
Herd Member

Re: Amazon and Menards errors

Postby Sunshine2Me » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:14 pm

Good thing you are an honest person! Perhaps now would be a good time to play the lottery!

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”