Free books online

Chisamba
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Free books online

Postby Chisamba » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:05 am

I work nights and sometimes have some down time and have to stay awake, i was wondering if you have suggestions of free books available on my phone, ( tablets and such are not allowed) to keep me occupied.

I am not a fan of detective, or violent or political thrillers.

I do like interesting biographies, and real life stories.

suggestions would be appreciated

Helygen
Greenie

Re: Free books online

Postby Helygen » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:15 am

I use BookBub. You sign up with your email address and select the genre(s) you like to read and it sends you new free book listings daily from a variety of sources (Amazon, Kobo, etc.)

Linde
Greenie

Postby Linde » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:04 am

Try your library. Mine uses overdrive. Lots of ebooks to choose from. Overdrive has an app for iPhone and android.

avma
Greenie

Postby avma » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:16 am

I've also been using my library. If you don't pick a new and popular book, you won't have to wait ten years to check one out. At least...that was my problem when I first tried to checkout ebooks from my old library!

Kelo
Herd Member

Postby Kelo » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:56 pm

I use Bookbub, too, and found some good books that way. I mean, they're free, so low expectations.

The other method I use is through Amazon. Go to Amazon, then Kindle books. Then pick your category of choice (on the left side, ie Biographies or History). Then in the upper right corner, select 'sort by price, low to high'. This will give you huuuuuuundreds of free books to choose from.

I use the kindle ap on my phone (you don't need an actual kindle), so just download the books and have them ready to go when I want em.

Avola
Herd Member

Postby Avola » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:23 pm

I also use my library. Sometime I have to wait in line for a specific book but always for a short period.

Racetrackreject
500 post plus club

Postby Racetrackreject » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:30 pm

I do as Kelo mentioned with Amazon. If you have Prime, you also get a free Kindle first book every month, which is to say that you get a book that is about to be released to read for free. Amazon has gobs of free books, and I've found a number of older classic books for free there as well.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”