It's here!!!

PhoenixRising
500 post plus club

It's here!!!

Postby PhoenixRising » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:28 pm

It felt like Christmas morning as a child getting to the barn last night with this waiting for me! Couldn't wipe the silly grin off my face the whole evening.

This was a huge indulgence, but Phoenix and I are much happier with the fit.

I rode in it for the first time. Laughed a lot as I rode at all the squeaking new leather. Phoenix was not so impressed with the noise but handled it well :lol:

I felt like I was defiling something pure by using it, but quickly started to wish for when it will be broken in to get rid of the squeaking :lol:
Attachments
Saddle2.jpg
Saddle2.jpg (84.31 KiB) Viewed 7694 times
Saddle.jpg
Saddle.jpg (89.22 KiB) Viewed 7694 times
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, live the life you've imagined!

Tanga
500 post plus club

Re: It's here!!!

Postby Tanga » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:14 pm

Cool. Fits great? What is it?

I get the feeling. When I found an amazing used Albion that actually fit, I finally realized I've been fighting a saddle that doesn't fit me for a long time.

PhoenixRising
500 post plus club

Postby PhoenixRising » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:29 pm

It's an Equipe Olympia.
It seems to fit great. I had her fitted and tracings done by a brand rep/fitter, then ordered the saddle after testing a few options and seeing what she seemed to like best. I've been waiting on it for the last 8 weeks or so to be made. In the meantime, I've been renting what is basically the same saddle, only a slightly smaller seat which was too small for me but fit her great.
I wish I had thought to take before and after pictures of her back, as we've already seen visible changes. The old saddle was not allowing her to use her back properly. In the last 8 weeks she's widened overall and really filled in behind the shoulder, and its all muscle!
From day one in the new fit, she's moved better and been happier to work.

For me, the new saddle lets me use my legs in ways the old one didn't. The old one forced me into a chair seat that no amount of effort to pull them back seemed to be able to fix. I'd also frequently find my outside leg "stuck" where I literally couldn't move it. I don't seem to have either problem with this saddle.

The fitter is coming back in January to double check the fit and make sure everything is perfect. She usually delivers them in person and only didn't because flight costs have tripled with the holidays. She'll also redo tracings to compare the before and after of her back. I'll make sure to take photos of the tracings to share here, because I think it's going to be pretty interesting!

ETA: I wrote a bit about why I chose this brand in the "dynamic saddles" thread.

scruffy the cat
Herd Member

Postby scruffy the cat » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:00 am

Congratulations! I have an Emporio and like it very much.

Flight
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby Flight » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:57 am

Congrats!!! It's so exciting getting a new saddle and I remember not wanting to get mine dirty. But they just get better as they work in :)

musical comedy

Postby musical comedy » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:05 am

What's that black padding you have underneath the saddle? It looks pretty thick.
scruffy the cat wrote:Congratulations! I have an Emporio and like it very much.

That's what I have too, but not because it was my favorite. I was between a rock and a hard place to find a saddle for my short-backed, broad mare. The Emporio seems to be ok for her. For me, I don't like it. I do not like those huge blocks, although I paid to have mine modified to be a shorter block. Still too bulky. I love the lighter weight of the Emporio.

Kelo
Herd Member

Postby Kelo » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:21 pm

So exciting!

It's a beautiful saddle and I hope you have many wonderful rides in it!

PhoenixRising
500 post plus club

Postby PhoenixRising » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:14 pm

musical comedy wrote:What's that black padding you have underneath the saddle? It looks pretty thick.

It's a ThinLine half pad. We got the saddle slightly wider than she needs since we anticipate her widening and filling out even more (which she has, even in just the last 8 weeks). They have shims that can be added/removed as needed to adjust for the best fit as her body changes.

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:11 am

Congrats! It's beautiful

I have only been using the thinline pads both the regular and the back in track ones. I love them!

Merry Christmas!

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:42 pm

Nice! Getting the right saddle is money well spent. I have my fingers crossed that Tesla will grow into my custom Black Country Vinici, but if not, I'll probably cough up the 5 grand to get one made for her eventually.
Keep calm and canter on.

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:35 pm

oh! so pretty

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”