Dreams about Bob

PaulaO
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Dreams about Bob

Postby PaulaO » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:44 pm

My late gelding. I go through periods of having the same dream about him. That he is lost/gone/stolen. I find him, we go back to the barn where he lived, I say it's too run down and shabby, and we move to my current barn. I've had this dream for 4 straight nights and finally realized that it's not a dream of grief, but a dream of new beginnings. Bob is gone, but I've moved to a new barn and found a new horse (well, Miss A. isn't THAT new...)

Hayburner

Re: Dreams about Bob

Postby Hayburner » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:21 pm

Good analogy on your dream.

I wish I would dream about my heart horse, i think of him all the time and his ashes are in my bedroom, but he doesn’t come in my dreams.

LeoApp
Herd Member

Postby LeoApp » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:27 pm

I dream about my horse every once in a while. Every time I do, it's that I go to the barn, but it's all different/rearranged, and I can't find him. I can't find his stall. Then I finally find him, and he's horribly underweight or crippled or SOMETHING bad. I lost him 4 years ago. He had a stroke at 33 and I put him down before the worst of the winter hit. He had a great life and a good death. I know I did the right thing. I had him for 19 years. I still can't seem to have a good dream about him. I wish I could!!!

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:33 am

LeoApp, your Dream is extremely similar to my recurring Bob dream. It must mean something.

LeoApp
Herd Member

Postby LeoApp » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:30 pm

For me I think it's just leftover anxiety that I had - I always worried about my boy. Especially as he got older.

fergusnc
500 post plus club

Postby fergusnc » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:16 pm

Just sending some hugs....

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”