Covid 19

Canyon
500 post plus club

Re: Covid 19

Postby Canyon » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:05 am

@Baroque - all those lambs are so beautiful! They would be great models for children's toys.

And the one in the diaper :D

acheyarcher
Herd Member

Postby acheyarcher » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:01 am

stevens county is isolated and low population. I have no doubt their numbers are relatively low. It is a beautiful area, and overall, very poor.

I live in Snohomish county and I believe hospital beds are at 80% capacity. Many hospitals getting ready to shut down voluntary procedures ( OR)

YOu do indeed have family in some of the best areas. I love Kittitas county. So easy to run away from the west side and be in a whole different world.

Chisamba
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby Chisamba » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:23 am

it is a bit peculiar, people come to the barn and are upset when I say mask up, so I say if you can't wear a mask, I cannot board your horse.

on of my clients was at work with someone who tested positive and was at the barn before she knew. there were two other at the barn when she was here and I grilled them on were they wearing masks, did they maintain social distance. It was a minor brush with disaster because a contract of a contract is not considered contagious, but it was a super opportunity for me to say mask up or leave.

yet I still walked in to find someone riding and their mother watching without a mask. so yes, the arena is outdoors and social distance but as she went to leave she walked through the aisle, I said why are you going in the aisle without a mask. oh my mask is in the car. there is a whole box of beans new disposable masks at the entry. so she walls up the aisle unmasked past two people to get a mask saying i don't have it. wtf people, its not leprosy. you can be contagious befit having symptoms. of course contagion is minimal unless you are within 6 feet for ten minutes, or at least that is what the health guidelines are, but I dislike the lack of respect for the safety of others. my 80 treat old barn owner provided masks for everyone but never wears his, but having said that he is usually on the tractor which is outdoors and distant.

acheyarcher
Herd Member

Postby acheyarcher » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:36 pm

Chisamba what to these people think will happen if you or the staff get sick??? Overall the lax attitude is inconsiderate of other and all about the me me me. I think that is what wears me out the most

Koolkat
500 post plus club

Postby Koolkat » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:17 pm

An interesting paper, regardless of how it plays out. https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586- ... r8s35mqcfA

acheyarcher
Herd Member

Postby acheyarcher » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:27 am

I saw an interesting paper last week discussing the titers pediatric ( under 18) patients had against MMR and their Covid severity.

Kids who had a high titer from the MMR vaccine, specifically titer against Mumps, had less severe Covid disease symptoms. There is , apparently a protective aspect to the Mumps antigen memory produced by the vaccine.

It is an interesting finding as to why young folks do not get so severely ill. The vaccine is one that has not been around long term. More research is being done and I wonder if this might lead to vaccine and boosters being given more widely.

also makes me wonder what the anti-vaccine folks will have to say about it.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”